• 1 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By jess
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Green/Cork/Something Imago?

Green/Cork/Something Imago?

I was lucky enough to obtain an Imago from a fellow forum member and I'm hoping that someone here can help me identify the color combo.

Originally it was thought to be Forest/Cork/Steel but when I received it the first thing that struck me was that the "steel" was very very green. I know steel can have a greenish tint to it but this particular steel looked very green even when compared to other steel items I own (cordura organizer pouch, parapack bag interior). That lead me to wonder so I searched the forum and found a reference to an Imago in Hunter/Cork/Sage. I tried comparing my bag with pictures of both the Hunter/Sage and the Forest/Steel Imagos here but because of the difficulty in photographing these particular colors I'm still unsure what my bag might be (which is also why I'm not posting a picture of my bag at this time--my camera isn't picking up the color well). I don't have any other items in Forest and am not really familiar with Hunter at all so I can't use the green to determine color. I'm hoping that a wise forum member might be able to give me a clue about how to tell which bag I have. Not that it's hugely important, but I'm super curious. Thanks!

Do you think this might help? See post number 12 by Sacharissa
    Do Aubergine and Plum Go Together?
    It's a Sage Smart Alec.
    jess likes this.

Thanks iceberg! I really do think the lining looks more like sage than steel. At least from the pictures I've seen of sage.

Does anyone know if there is a picture comparing forest and hunter that would help be identify that fabric? I wonder if it would be easier since both steel and sage seem hard to photograph? Or were there any changes to the Imago over time that would help me date the bag? Maybe that would help narrow down the color possibilities. This is fun! I love a good mystery

Right now the mystery I'm trying to solve is 'where is the photo of this green Imago we're trying to color ID'?

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    ... because of the difficulty in photographing these particular colors I'm still unsure what my bag might be (which is also why I'm not posting a picture of my bag at this time--my camera isn't picking up the color well).
    I know I should have posted a picture but I'm having trouble getting the color true with the lighting in my apartment. I'll take some in daylight tomorrow and post them. Hopefully they will be better than the ones I took tonight.

Yep, I saw 'mystery!' and sailed right over the photo comment. The saga continues in better lighting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jess likes this.
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

I know I should have posted a picture but I'm having trouble getting the color true with the lighting in my apartment. I'll take some in daylight tomorrow and post them. Hopefully they will be better than the ones I took tonight.
    Could you take a photo with something in steel (ideally the same fabric as the mystery colour) as a reference?

I found this picture of a Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago but to me the lining looks more gray and less green than mine.

New Imago Colors: Hunter/Cork/Sage and Sapphire/Steel/Sage + More

Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    Could you take a photo with something in steel (ideally the same fabric as the mystery colour) as a reference?
    Absolutely! I'll do that tomorrow.

Here are the pictures and I have to say that neither of them look "right." It's really interesting how the fabric color changes so much in different situations. I was looking at the bag thinking "this looks green" then looked at the same bag in the same light through the camera on my iPhone and the fabric was bright sliver. It was like looking at two different fabrics at once. I showed it to hubby and he said the same. I think I almost don't care what color it really is and I'm just going to call this my magic color change bag

Name:  imago 2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  296.5 KB

Name:  imago 1.jpg
Size:  194.2 KB
    Ilkyway likes this.

If it's any help, the lining on my Forest/Cork/Steel Imago is really quite blue, at least to my eyes - and much bluer than my steel parapack FJN, which is distinctly green. I've seen Sage in person, thanks to Sacharissa, and I can confirm that it's an attractive silvery-green like the leaves of the herb - and since Hunter appears practically indistinguishable from Forest in photos, that does support your hypothesis.

Re the colours looking different on camera, I've found that subtle greens are the hardest to get true. I've been using the Closet+ app on my iPhone to photograph all my clothes, and my olive-drab chinos come out almost grey!
    jess likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

A simple camera trick I've learned is to place a dark item and a light item next to your subject, at the same level.
    If your pic turns out too bright, focus on the light item. If it turns out too dark, focus on the dark item.
    For in-betweens, focus so that the dark or light isn't squarely in the center of focus.
    Hope I made sense.
    jess likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Here are the pictures and I have to say that neither of them look "right." It's really interesting how the fabric color changes so much in different situations. I was looking at the bag thinking "this looks green" then looked at the same bag in the same light through the camera on my iPhone and the fabric was bright sliver. It was like looking at two different fabrics at once. I showed it to hubby and he said the same. I think I almost don't care what color it really is and I'm just going to call this my magic color change bag

Name:  imago 2.jpg
Size:  296.5 KB

Name:  imago 1.jpg
Size:  194.2 KB
    @jess Your Imago is Hunter/Cork/Sage The key is that the Sage lining looks lighter and more silvery than the Steel linings in later Imagos. Hunter is a bit bluer green than Forest. Most of the pictures of Hunter in earlier forum threads discussing Hunter link to blog posts that no longer work after the forum redesign for entries earlier than January 2011. Here's a link to a picture of a Super Ego in Hunter:
    http://www.tombihn.com/blogimages/danielb.jpg

HTH moriond

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    If it's any help, the lining on my Forest/Cork/Steel Imago is really quite blue, at least to my eyes - and much bluer than my steel parapack FJN, which is distinctly green. I've seen Sage in person, thanks to Sacharissa, and I can confirm that it's an attractive silvery-green like the leaves of the herb - and since Hunter appears practically indistinguishable from Forest in photos, that does support your hypothesis.
    Thanks this is super helpful! The lining in my bag really does look like the herb and not bluish by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    A simple camera trick I've learned is to place a dark item and a light item next to your subject, at the same level.
    If your pic turns out too bright, focus on the light item. If it turns out too dark, focus on the dark item.
    For in-betweens, focus so that the dark or light isn't squarely in the center of focus.
    Hope I made sense.
    That's a great trick. Thanks for sharing. I know it will come in handy many times.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @jess Your Imago is Hunter/Cork/Sage The key is that the Sage lining looks lighter and more silvery than the Steel linings in later Imagos. Hunter is a bit bluer green than Forest. Most of the pictures of Hunter in earlier forum threads discussing Hunter link to blog posts that no longer work after the forum redesign for entries earlier than January 2011. Here's a link to a picture of a Super Ego in Hunter:
    http://www.tombihn.com/blogimages/danielb.jpg

HTH moriond
    I should have just asked you in the first place, you know EVERYTHING I saw a picture of a Hunter/Sage Imago an old forum post and the lining on that looked very silver in the pictures too, that's one of the reasons I thought this might be the same color.

Thank you to everyone for your help!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0