Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tpnl

Thread: How to shop for a used backpack?

How to shop for a used backpack?

Recently, I was looking at the camouflage -colored Brain Bag from Tom Bihn. I did not build up money fast enough, though. The Bihn crew told me they pulled the plug on the camo Brain Bag when they released the newly-updated $190 model. While I like the model's new features, I was most interested in the camo; a feature unique to this backpack in Bihn's offerings.

Can anyone suggest how to go about shopping around for an aftermarket camo Brain Bag? I'll still have to build up the money (not just for the pack, but also for the accessories) but I'd like to see how I could snag one.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Unfortunately, you may be stuck putting out ISO ("in search of") notices here and looking on ebay. BBs seem to pop up very often on ebay, though I haven't seen any camo ones so far. You can be sure that I'll be on the lookout for one on your behalf, though. Did you ask the crew if they have any left? People return stuff too, so you could always check back periodically if they don't have any now.

I'd be curious to know if anyone else has recommendations for tracking down stuff they want. Because I would very nearly give up my cats for a Punch/Indigo/Crimson cafe bag.

(Don't worry, kitties, that's just a lie <3)

The Camo version does pop-up on ebay once in a while - I recall seeing 2 in the past year or so.
    You might put in a note in the Bag Swap thread to see if anyone has one they are willing to part with.
    Also, does the TB Crew still have a few in the shop? Perhaps just buy the bag first (hopefully at the lower $160 price) if you have saved enough.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 07-22-2014 at 05:24 AM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

If you go the eBay route, set up an alert so you are emailed every time a Brain Bag is listed on the site.
    so far: small clear OP (steel), small padded OP, small and medium DOP (burnt orange), Side Effect (black/steel), Synapse 19 (burnt orange/steel), Synapse 25 (burnt orange/steel)

want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

Latest word from the Bihn crew: no camo Brain Bags in-stock.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Ebay used to allow a buyer to put out a ISO listing. You might check that out too. I've not done that for a long time and not sure if it's still possible. Worth checking out though.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0