Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Coyote Aeronauts? Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It is awesome. I love mine. Should do a packing list post soon...
    That would be great!

Coyote looks beautiful in these bags. To me, it looks like a latte, which means that if I spill coffee on it while travelling, maybe it won't show that much! However, I ordered not Coyote but Aubergine in the NFTD - can't wait to see photos when the first ones are sent out in the future!

Darcy's pics sold me. I had a Navy/Solar A45 on backorder, but once I saw those pics, I was surprised at how good it looked. I had seen a few of the coyote pictures floating around, and would not have thought it would be a color I was interested in.

One quick email, and my order was changed and should ship today. I didn't change to get the bag faster (I go out of town in the morning), but because I found the A45 in coyote to be fantastic-looking.

Thanks for the "help", Darcy!

Looks like creamed coffee. Are there coyotes that color?

I admit that I am "color" challenged. While I don't care about internal colors, I have stuck to mostly black bags, a couple of steel ones when going out on a limb, and a couple of years ago, I actually bought a Linen LCB. (Must have been something in the water.)

I have to admit I like the Linen color and it is fairly neutral.

I can't get into Aubergine, or French Blue or even Burnt Orange....but....I have to admit this Coyote color is really nice. I may have to rethink black bags in the future.

And some people said I'd never evolve.....
    Last edited by Frank II; 07-16-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

You've only evolved in the brown tones, FrankII. You know that burnt orange is on this scale, too, don't you? Can he do it, folks? Tune in next year.....
    Janine and Ilkyway like this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

That's an interesting observation. Perhaps it is an inaccuracy of a prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Are my eyes deceiving me, or are those Coyote bags fitted with the "inside out" zippers? Looks sharp with the gunmetal pulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the inside out zippers are on the Aeronaut, the Night Flight appears to have teeth side out zippers.
    ETA: it's the A45, I'm guessing the change hasn't been applied to them yet? That's good news for fans of the stealth zippers!
    Last edited by icebeng; 07-17-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Hi everyone!

This aeronaut in coyote looks great . And (slightly out of topic) the burnt orange synapse is also very cool!!!
    However I see that the interior is Steel, once again... Most of the recent bags currently sold and that are not black/steel on the outside have generally neutral/dark linings (e.g. SCB with navy interior; Synapse/aeronaut with Steel lining...). The only exception I see is the aeronaut aubergine /wasabi. I know that business bags are generally "dark/classic" to look more professional. However, I use my bags for leisure, and I prefer to have some colors, just for fun. I prefer bright interiors, just to be able to find my stuff quickly, and I don't know if steel is very good on that matter.

So I ask this question to you, dear Bihnions and bag experts, what is your general experience with the interior linings colors? Does steel allow you to find your stuff in the bag very well? Or are wasabi/iberian/UV better choices?

Thanks for your feedback & have a great day!

Poker Face

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    You've only evolved in the brown tones, FrankII. You know that burnt orange is on this scale, too, don't you? Can he do it, folks? Tune in next year.....
    My school colors are orange and blue but that's only on game day.

I'll stick with the neutral colors. Neutral colors don't stand out as much.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Poker Face View Post
    So I ask this question to you, dear Bihnions and bag experts, what is your general experience with the interior linings colors? Does steel allow you to find your stuff in the bag very well? Or are wasabi/iberian/UV better choices?

Thanks for your feedback & have a great day!

Poker Face
    I have thus far done well with bright linings - mostly wasabi and Iberian. I am also lucky to live and work in a non-conservative area and there is no restriction on bag colors or styles.

I am competing when outside with bike messengers and pizza delivery folks carrying rugged bags like Chrome and Rickshaw so I welcome bright colors.

Poker Face: I much prefer wasabi or solar lining because of how it helps me find my way through my stuff. But since I have the Guardian Light on a strap I have a good solution for my darker lined bags. I just let in dangle from one of the O-Rings and if something is insisting on playing hide and seek the light will shorten the game considerably.

As for my Aeronaut (Aubergine/Steel) the flap opens so wide and the side-pockets are not that deep, there I have no problem with the darker lining.

Ilkyway

Thanks IIkyway for showing the other usage of Guardian Light. I always thought it is for Emergency or Biker (on-the-road) safety purpose.

Still, like you, I also prefer lighter Lining. Thanks for the headup.
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    Ilkyway likes this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Hello GoStanford and Ilkyway,

Thanks for your comments! I currently have mostly solar lining in my bags: as a big fan of Nordic, I bought quite a few items in Nordic and Nordic/solar when I learnt these were discontinued. Solar is very bright so no problem to find my things in my bags.
    However, I have PSSB's in wasabi, UV and iberian, and these are very nice vibrant colors.
    I keep my fingers crossed the Tom Bihn crew will soon make bags with more vibrant lining

Ilkyway: good idea to have a little light hanging in the bag! I personally have a mini pocket tool Gerber Dime hanging in my SCB at the moment. But I may add a Guardian light as well!

Cheers from the city of waffles,

Poker face
    Janine and Ilkyway like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poker Face View Post
    My S25 is Navy/UV and I love love LOVE UV as an inside fabric. It gives me a dose of purple, which makes me happy, but I can still have a nondescript bag exterior. It's perfect for me.

I've found that even Steel Dyneema, which is relatively dark, works well as in interior fabric. The trick is the white lines. They highlight the outlines of things inside the bag and brighten it up, so I've never had trouble finding things in my Black/Steel Smart Alec (which is basically a cavern) or my Black/Steel Pilot.

HTH!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0