Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Pangifone
  • 1 Post By luvdabags
  • 1 Post By celtical
  • 2 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By Sacharissa
  • 1 Post By al85
  • 2 Post By moriond

Thread: Can we have a conversation about colors?

Can we have a conversation about colors?

This question is mostly aimed at the TB crew or possibly those who've been around here forever, but any feedback is, as always, welcome.

I've only been around here for a little over a year. (Wow, seriously? That doesn't even sound right as I write it, but it's true!) My very first bag was the Aeronaut (big one) in Aubergine with Ultraviolet lining. It's the prettiest thing in the world, and I love-love-love it! It's also, unfortunately, the ONLY Aubergine/Ultraviolet combination I've ever seen. (Side note: this color combination was also what made the decision for me to go with Tom Bihn.)

I also have a few (hah, understatements...) other bags, mostly in Aubergine/Wasabi, or as I like to call it: Aubersabi. This combination has... what's the opposite of growing on you? I was neutral-ish to it initially, but I'm starting to get sick of it.

So, this brings me to my question:

How often do they switch up the color combos? Do the TB crew do polls or anything for color combinations? Is there any hope of seeing Auberviolet again? I want to replace my current WF (and possibly TS as well) with a purple-purple combo. Honestly, I'd probably replace most of my bags with this and sell off / give away the old ones. SE, WF (backpack straps), CP, TS replacements, and I'd go for the A30 and Pilot in this combo, too.

Am I dreaming? Is it possible?
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

There was a run of Aubergine/UV SEs there for a while a few months back, so hold out hope!

Ahh, I missed it!! Thanks, though, that does give me hope!
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Yes, I got the Auberviolet SE as my first purchase and love it!! Would be very interested in a medium piece - CP perhaps. In the current range of options, there's not much 'softness' of line, a lot of squares, so the tonal purples would be appealing. (Think I would have loved the Imago, but I just arrived on site in May, so I missed it!)

I am very grateful for what seems to have been the last steel dyneema/UV Synapse 19, which plays beautifully with the Aub/UV SE. I'm glad that you asked about how often colors are refreshed. It's been strange to me to see colors pictured that are not available and have no idea when or whether my preferred colors will return. I have to say, if it were not for UV which simply brings me JOY, I would not have jumped into Bihnion land. My other purchase was a Black dyneema/UV SCB and some shop bags in, wait for it.....UV and Steel! Oh, and all the little pouches and cubes that I could get, with a note to send Aub, UV, steel or nothing!

I too got a aubergine/uv SE. I would buy a aubergine/uv A30 in a New York minute.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    Ahh, I missed it!! Thanks, though, that does give me hope!
    The Aubergine/UV side effect ordering option showed up near the end of April and shipped out in mid-May, but I don't think they have this color any more at the TB Store,

Here's a link to @monkeylady's post with a picture of her Aubergine/UV Side Effect. There's only a sliver of the UV lining showing through the zipper, though. You can see the one @Moose received in her Recovery from TBAS thread. Note that they also had PocketPouches in Aubergine/UV. You might be able to get one of these, if you're interested and call in your query.

HTH. moriond

Ah-HA! "Aubersabi" --- THAT is the disease I've been suffering with i.e. #1 unable to financially order every bag in that color combination and/or #2 unable to force the TB crew to make EVERY bag in that combination...which then just puts me in a perpetual loop with issue #1. This is just too hard for me.

Would love just about anything in an Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel combo. I just can't get into Aubergine/Wasabi. I did score one of the Aubergine/UV Side Effects this spring, and would love to get her some siblings. She is lonely!
    jess likes this.
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

I would love to see some of the brighter colors come back, like Azalea. My roommate only wants a bright color when she finally gets a bag. I was thinking something like Azalea/Kiwi or Kiwi/UV. To be honest, I think Azalea/Kiwi would be a great combo for anything. Even though I tend to stay with neutral/dark color combos like Steel/Cayenne, Steel/Navy, etc (with the exception of my obsession for Solar), I would definitely buy something in Azalea/Kiwi.

And after reading about everyone loving Aubergine so much, I feel like I need to try it out. XD
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacharissa View Post
    Would love just about anything in an Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel combo. I just can't get into Aubergine/Wasabi. I did score one of the Aubergine/UV Side Effects this spring, and would love to get her some siblings. She is lonely!
    Glad to hear you got one of the Aubergine/UV Side Effects, @Sacharissa. As I mentioned earlier, you might be able to get the PocketPouch in Aubergine/Ultraviolet. There's a picture of one in my post in the Bike multi-tool in the Tom Bihn Pocket Pouch thread (post #2) showing this pouch used for carrying short cables. The Aubergine Clear Organizer Wallets currently use a light Steel Ultrasuede divider just under the clear Urethane window, and are in stock. (You can check the divider color with the TB folks if you call in to ask about available pouch colors). They may have the new Q-Kit and some sizes of the Double Organizer Pouch in Aubergine -- I've gotten both.

Many of the bags announced for order/Pre-order when Aubergine was first introduced in late 2012, and that shipped around Christmas, were Aubergine/Steel: the Little Swift, the Co-Pilot, the Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, etc. I think a fair number of people got the Little Swift around this time (@gochicken, @dorayme, myself, etc.) Some people who bought the LS at that time may prefer the Aubergine/Wasabi version that is currently being sold, so you might be able to arrange a swap. (Sorry, I don't know any likely people who have the Aubergine/Steel LS or Swift, and want the Aubergine/Wasabi version, but it's probable there are some. You might have an easier time asking about those bags on the Ravelry forums, simply because there's a much larger number of Swift/Little Swift owners, including people who own multiple versions of these bags because of their use as knitting bags, on Ravelry.) The Ristretto in Aubergine/Steel was sold until very recently -- @jess won the iPad Ristretto in @Moosezilla's eBay auction just a week ago. If you look at this post in the middle of the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread, you can see @gochicken's Little Swift in Aubergine/Steel (along with the first 400d Nordic Dyneema shop bags), and if you scroll up a bit To post #801, you can see @Seikoguy's Co-Pilot and Ristretto (both Aubergine/Steel), lying on top of a plum Brain Bag. (BTW, I highly recommend that you browse the Attachments forum for pictures taken and uploaded by @Seikoguy of Aubergine bags. @gochicken is also a great source of pictures for bags and accessories in all shades of purple.)

HTH moriond

That is a BRILLIANT idea @moriond!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0