Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Do Aubergine and Plum Go Together?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacharissa View Post
    In the meantime, anyone have thoughts on replacing the included shoulder strap wrap on the SCB with the Ultrasuede? Is it worth the extra $12.00?
    It's a very personal thing. I cut the plastic pad off my MCB because I wasn't keen on it, but I'm not convinced that the ultrasuede wrap is more comfortable, just...different. If you don't hate the standard pad, I'd stick with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    If you want to see French Blue against Aubergine, Janine's post in the Fests? We have fests? (Denver in early July) thread about their Denver meet-up (under the Just for Registered Members forum) has a picture of a French Blue Cafe Bag in front of an Aubergine Smart Alec, and near an Aubergine/Hemp Imago.
    That is actually a Storm Cafe Bag rather than French Blue. It does look deceptively bright in that photo.

PS: there is no such thing as too much purple.[/QUOTE]

So true! It will all be fine once we all get clear that purple can be a "neutral"!
    Last edited by celtical; 07-16-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacharissa View Post
    In the meantime, anyone have thoughts on replacing the included shoulder strap wrap on the SCB with the Ultrasuede? Is it worth the extra $12.00?
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    It's a very personal thing. I cut the plastic pad off my MCB because I wasn't keen on it, but I'm not convinced that the ultrasuede wrap is more comfortable, just...different. If you don't hate the standard pad, I'd stick with it.
    @Sacharissa, I don't personally find the Ultrasuede strap wrap to be necessary or more comfortable, but some others do. I also don't need to adjust the Small Cafe Bag plastic pad position, but there's description of how to do so in this post from the Small Cafe Bag for 5 year old girl? thread. This includes both a link to @Maverick's video about cutting off the plastic pad and replacing it with the strap wrap, so you can view the relative sizes of these objects, and it also includes a description if how you can move the position of the plastic tab so that it rests over the doubled portion of the strap, for more flexibility in strap length adjustments (if you are short and wish to carry the cafe bag cross-body.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shanisol View Post
    That is actually a Storm Cafe Bag rather than French Blue. It does look deceptively bright in that photo.
    Thanks for the correction @Shanisol. I've found that in some pictures I've taken of Storm against Aubergine the resulting color can look closer to French Blue, depending on the lighting. I do think that Storm looks very good with Aubergine, though -- even better than French Blue.

moriond

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0