iPad cache for Air + keyboard

I went to the Apple Store today and managed to come out with an iPad Air and a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard*. So of course my next thought was - put a cache on my wish list! (It's not really worth ordering just a cache by itself, given the shipping fees, and I can use my 11" MBA cache in the meantime.)

Given that the keyboard probably makes the Air slightly thicker than a standard iPad, I was thinking I might be better off getting the standard iPad cache instead of the Air-specific one - I have an iPad Mini with keyboard, and though it fits into the Mini cache, it's a bit of a tight squeeze! Any thoughts?

ETA: also, horizontal or vertical? I have a Pilot and may well buy a Co-Pilot at some point, but I also use an Imago and various cafe bags (small and medium)...

* My excuse is that my 11" MBA is three years old and getting a bit creaky since the RAM (only 2GB) can't be upgraded - I'm thinking that the iPad Air could be my main "laptop" in future, with the aim of replacing my MBA + Mac Mini with a MacBook Pro further down the line...
    Last edited by scribe; 07-15-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Afraid I don't have much to offer in terms of guidance on the cache, but the iPad Air and Logitech Ultrathin keyboard make a great pair, don't they? Very happy with mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Volunteer Moderator
    @scribe Based on reading other forum posts, I'd be inclined to get the Horizontal iPad Cache for the iPad Air + Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard. This should accommodate both iPad and Keyboard. I tend to stow the iPad in cache in most bags horizontally, with the possible exception of the Synapse 19, where you might want to stash this vertically into the interior pocket. (It can fit in horizontal orientation in the main compartment, but it's easier to grab from the pocket if inserted vertically.) In most other bags, you'll carry the cache hotizontally -- e.g, in the Co-Pilot main or back pocket or in the PCSB.

HTH moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @scribe Based on reading other forum posts, I'd be inclined to get the Horizontal iPad Cache for the iPad Air + Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard. This should accommodate both iPad and Keyboard. I tend to stow the iPad in cache in most bags horizontally, with the possible exception of the Synapse 19, where you might want to stash this vertically into the interior pocket. (It can fit in horizontal orientation in the main compartment, but it's easier to grab from the pocket if inserted vertically.) In most other bags, you'll carry the cache hotizontally -- e.g, in the Co-Pilot main or back pocket or in the PCSB.

HTH moriond
    Thanks - will pop it on my wish list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0