Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Must have accessories for Co-Pilot

The items I carry everyday are my phone, a small wallet, keys, work badge, snacks, a bottle of water, iPad or Kindle depending on the day, a headlamp, sunglasses, extra contacts, eye drops, hair ties, lip balm, a small battery backup for my phone, charging cables, earbuds, and a small knitting or craft project. Right now my purse lives inside a larger EDC bag that I take to work. The larger EDC bag carries my purse, a book or two, my lunch, an umbrella, and a cardigan.

However, with that said, my purse and EDC usually have a bizarre assortment of other items that find their way in but not out. Socks? Check. Hand wipes? Check. A rainbow of Sharpies? Check. Sometimes even I'm surprised by what I pull out of my bag and I'm the only one that ever touches it

I'm thinking I might have to try a variety of organizer pouches and stuff sacks. Y'all are very good enablers

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    The OP TECH product page indicates that the mini SOS can handle a 25 lb. load. Its big sister, or the ASS, can handle 30 lbs. Hope this helps.
    Thank you, @monkeylady. That sounds like a great option then. If I loaded a single strap bag with more than 25 pounds I would likely be listing like a tree in a very strong wind. so that would be a good incentive to be reasonable with weights.

I think I'm going to cry. Checked yesterday and the Co-Pilot was available in Steel/UV. Go to order bag today and now Steel/UV is no longer a listed color combo. My new A30 in Steel/UV is going to be so lonely without a matching personal item! Although maybe this is the universe's way of telling me to order a Pilot instead...
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLib View Post
    I think I'm going to cry. Checked yesterday and the Co-Pilot was available in Steel/UV. Go to order bag today and now Steel/UV is no longer a listed color combo. My new A30 in Steel/UV is going to be so lonely without a matching personal item! Although maybe this is the universe's way of telling me to order a Pilot instead...
    Call or email them. FAST. They pull listings early to avoid being unable to fulfill orders sometimes, there might be one or two left.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Call or email them. FAST. They pull listings early to avoid being unable to fulfill orders sometimes, there might be one or two left.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them this afternoon and have my fingers crossed

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLib View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them this afternoon and have my fingers crossed
    In addition to what @icebeng said, some people order multiple bag colors in order to decide their preferred bag in person, and then return the one(s) they don't want. That can happen at any time, and if the bag went out if stock on the product web page it doesn't get reinstated if there are just 1 or 2 bags. So it is always worth checking directly if there's an option you really want that is not available. In addition, this is just a suspicion, but I think they might have started to be conservative about when products are pulled off, as @icebeng mentioned, especially on weekends when someone won't be monitoring the web site frequently enough to avoid over-orders. This is the only way I can explain how both @icebeng and I managed to place orders for the Daylight Backpack in French Blue (listed as back-ordered till August) at the start of last week's long weekend, and both received this bag before this weekend.

HTH and Good luck! If you go ahead and place another order (e.g., for A30), make sure to add a line under the comments about other products/colors you wanted to order, but couldn't.

moriond

I just completed a five-day trip with the CP as my personal carry on. I used:

- the Side Effect (x2)
    - Dyneema/Nylon Organizer Pouch in medium (x1)
    - Clear Organizer Wallet (x2)
    - 3D Clear Organizer Cube (x1)
    - Key Strap (x6)

I was a bit shocked at the size of the CP when I first got it, but I'm a huge sucker for organization, so I was really happy with all the little features. I wish there were more o-rings, but I can always add some at a later date. I was able to fit my iPad+keyboard, 3DS XL (in the 3D Clear Organizer Cube), Nook Simple Touch, medium sized Moleskine notebook, one SE and the medium Organizer pouch (with all my charge cords) in the main compartment. I fit the other SE in one of the front pockets, a water bottle in the middle, and my phone, both Clear Organizer Wallets, keys, and sunglasses in the other front pocket. Inside the SEs were all my regular EDC stuff (iPod, medicines, etc).

A lot of bang for the buck, in my opinion, and when I left to come home, my friend commented on how all my stuff matched and that it looked "nifty." I might have attempted to make her a convert for her upcoming trip to Asia. At least, I hope I did.
    A45, LCB, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

I'd also look at the Knitting Tool Pouches as they're clear and can protect the pouch from pointy things causing wear or puncture.

I wish I had seen them before I put in my big order!

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions I just ordered my Co-Pilot and have some accessories coming with my A30 order so I may have to wait a bit before I figure out what really works for me but I have a list of all your recommendations and I'm going to try some of the accessories out to see how they work before probably (okay, I know I will at some point in the future) ordering more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2