Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By monkeylady
  • 1 Post By jess
  • 4 Post By RhoFro
  • 3 Post By RhoFro

Thread: Photo Request - Olive

Photo Request - Olive

Looking for photos of a Café bag in the combo olive-p/olive & olive-p/steel. Appreciate anyone who can help me decide.

Anyone with a SCB - does the side effect take up most of the interior space if used to house wallet, checkbook, etc? Seems from the dimensions it would have to go in vertical rather than settling horizontal in the bottom.

Thanks!
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

I have a SCB and the side effect does need to be vertical - which for me means I do not carry the s/e in my SCB. It fits horizontally in a MCB and its contents can be accessed without removing it from the CB.
    List under construction ....

Sorry, @RhoFro, my Olive Parapack SCB has Wasabi lining (love it!). And like @daisy, I do not use an SE with the SCB. Instead, I use a Clear a Organizer Wallet for IDs and credit cards, a small DOP for coins and currency bills, and a small Dyneema OP for other stuff. With those 3 accessories, there is still plenty of room left in the main compartment for my iPad Air, iPhone, sunglasses in soft case, and a Larabar.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

This SCB is not olive on outside and steel on inside, but the reverse, but I hope the picture gives you a better idea of this color combination.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I, uh, have a Olive/Steel all-pp SCB on the way. If nobody else responds in a couple of weeks I will gladly share. I am really excited about this one because I like green-tinged steel and pp-shinies!

As a side note, I believe there are some good pics of olive and steel pp together on the 2013 forum mystery gift thread. I remember checking that thread for photos of the 2 colours together. ETA: See post 251 here

Also ETA: If you're eyeing the SCB listed as "Olive 420d/Steel", the Steel is pp, not Cordura-- I asked CS about this. I believe it's the same with Olive 420/Olive.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-07-2014 at 02:41 AM.
    ISO: Old TB stuff! But especially Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine MCB, Kiwi, Ultrasuede LSes, Pink Swift, Ego seat belt buckle strips, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Thanks for the photo and tips regarding what accessories work best in the SCB; definitely a big help!

I have a linen/steel MCB and LOVE that combo so I'm on the fence about doing another steel interior or going with something different. Knowing its pp/pp helps. I don't know why I assumed it was cordura inside.

The first rule of Bihn - never linger with an order. Should have gotten the wasabi when it was available.

This may be too late but here are a few pics of my olive/steel pp/pp MCB. The first was taken in full sun, the second two in partial shade so you can see how the colors change.

Name:  mcb 1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  277.3 KB
    Name:  mcb2.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  780.9 KB
    Name:  mcb3.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  279.4 KB
    enjih likes this.

Delightful!

Thanks everyone for the photos. Guess what came today?

Name:  0715.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  139.0 KB

The Olive/Steel SCB. Love at first sight! Fits my iPad Air like a glove. Well, maybe at second sight after thinking - the small bag will be too small, I'm sure the Olive is too froggy, I don't know if I like parapack. A Lead's Pocket for the Brain Bag, a cardinal small pouch for my phone and another travel tray because I use them all over the house.

Almost forgot the DOP in burnt orange. Not sold on that color but I thought it might go well with the SCB in olive. Does anyone have the new large DOP? If it fits the SCB as well, I may sub this one out.

lucky you! a good haul.

Nice! Love the Olive exterior in parapak.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Love the new strap on the café bag compared to the stiffer old one. It makes a big difference comfort wise. Does anyone know if the shop can retrofit my MCB with the new, softer strap?

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    Does anyone have the new large DOP? If it fits the SCB as well, I may sub this one out.
    No, it won't fit. I think all size L pouches have the same dimensions, which is to say they are pretty freaking big (larger than A4 size) and certainly larger than a SCB. A size M pouch is the largest that can fit into a SCB or MCB.

And I *think* there was an earlier thread in which people wanted a retrofitted strap but were told no can do, but someone else should confirm this.
    ISO: Old TB stuff! But especially Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine MCB, Kiwi, Ultrasuede LSes, Pink Swift, Ego seat belt buckle strips, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

FYI, when I emailed CS last night about something else, they mentioned there's only 1 olive/steel pp SCB left!

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    FYI, when I emailed CS last night about something else, they mentioned there's only 1 olive/steel pp SCB left!
    OMG! This is now my EDC, and one of my most favorite bags. Olive parapack rocks the SCB.
    Who's going to be lucky enough to get THE LAST ONE?

Name:  tpir_come_down_full.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  46.9 KB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0