Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icebeng

Thread: Daylight Backpack. Could Brain Cell fit?

Red face Daylight Backpack. Could Brain Cell fit?

Hello all,

A few days before Tom Bhin announced Daylight Backpack (DB), I had made plan to order Goruck Shadow Ruck SD25 as a EDB with my coming-soon Size 1 Brain Cell. Also, it could work as a light travel bag. I was looking to get a foldable, light and affordable Backpack to fit my Size 1 Brain Cell and also other small things. There wasn't one with TB, while PCBs are too small and Synapse are too complicated for my need and over shoot my budget.

Hence, Goruck Shadow Rucks SD 25 suit my need. A 25 Litre Backpack, flatable/foldable/rollable into larger Bag (share such similarity with DB), fully-opened compartment (like PCB) and with Dimension: 12" W x 20" H x 6.75" D.

I am not promoting Goruck or have any alike intention to do so. The reason I posting this and comparing to Goruck is I wish to express my overall thought from the beginning and up to now. Who knows? Perhaps, someone here might have experience and/or own SD25 and a Size-1 Brain Cell to share.

While after TB announced the DB, I hold my breath and were relieved that I did not go through with my Goruck purchase that early. DB is a way better choice - with less-fur-magnet material like Dyneema and 420d, and also those amazing color - French Blue, Navy and Black Dyneema. Comparing to PCB, DB is better as there are built-in compartment to easily organize on the go. Yet, after checking the dimension 17.3 x 11.8 x 5.1, I do not think my Brain Cell (11.2" x 17.6" x 2.3") able to fit in. I had to get a new Workstation Laptop in smaller form factor soon. Just kidding. Lol. It would be illogical to do spend so much. Nevertheless, both bags have their own uniqueness and its pro & con.

Personally, I do not think TB would somehow enlarge the dimension in the near future.
    I still wish to voice out my thought and the uniqueness in design of SD25.

Hi and welcome, weirdguy!
    I'd like to piggy back on your thread please.
    Could anyone see if there's any chance a vertical Freudian Slip could possibly fit in the Daylight Backpack please?

Btw, weirdguy, the exterior for the Daylight Backpack is only available in Cordura and Dyneema.
    The Dyneema one has a Dyneema lining, the Cordura ones have a 420d Parapack lining.
    Parapack is not used for the exterior currently.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0