Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Tom Bihn Tags and Patches

Tom Bihn Tags and Patches

How/ Where does TB get their really nice cloth logo patches and tags? I particularly like the triangle patch on the Tri-Star. Do you make it in-house?

Name:  DSC_0995.JPG
Views: 628
Size:  661.3 KB

*Picture credit to www.practicalhacks.com*

Cheers!
    tpnl and eWalker like this.

I love that tri star tag too. I wish some of the other trademark TB items had more distinctive tags such as that one (I'm thinking the synapses and aeronaut, and maybe the cafe bags.) I know I am in the minority, but I just really don't like the current big rectangular tag. The airplane logo gets lost with all that black space behind it. I actually took the outer tag off my black dyneema S25 this morning. It looks so much nicer and cleaner IMO. The Synapses are so distinctive I don't think they need a big tag, like the Swifts.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

I like that idea! Having unique tags for each bag. Or at least for the flagships. The aeronaut should definitely get it's own tag.

I don't mind the big rectangular tag, but I wish they still said "Portable Culture". I can understand TB wanting to brag that their bags are made in the USA given that so few other things are, but "Portable Culture" is just way cooler
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    On their way: DLBP, 3DFOCs, another YSS!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I don't mind the big rectangular tag, but I wish they still said "Portable Culture". I can understand TB wanting to brag that their bags are made in the USA given that so few other things are, but "Portable Culture" is just way cooler
    I agree, "Portable Culture" all the way. I feel so strongly about it I even wrote to Mr Tom Bihn himself explaining why, in my humble opinion, they should go back to that patch. No response so far but hope he read it and is considering the voice of the customer.
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Tri-Star ([Black/Steel), Aeronaut (Steel/UV), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Zephyr (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Ristretto 13 (Navy/Solar), Large Cafe Bag (Linen/Navy), Small Cafe Bag (Plum/Wasabi), Side Effect (Navy/Solar) (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)(Aubergine/Wasabi), Travel Trays (UV/Iberian/Nordic/Black), Large Shop Bag (Nordic)

Portable Culture across the top and made in the USA across the bottom. Everybody's happy. I really liked the Portable Culture tag too.
    eWalker likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Volunteer Moderator
    @aquaris85 and others, There was a nice discussion and set of picture posts by @Seikoguy in the middle of the (long) TB Anticipation Syndrome thread about this topic (post #788 dated December-02-1202). I'll excerpt his post and picture, and one of the reply pictures, but it's worth going back and reading the actual exchange and looking at his other pictures of bags, logo tags, and fabrics (both as artwork and to view the colors and fabric textures) from that first week in December 1202 in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikoguy View Post
    By the way, anyone notice how the Tri-Star has its own unique label? The Aeronaut on the right has the usual "Portable Culture" label and may be feeling a little left out. Out of curiosity, are there other TB products with their own unique labels as well?
    Here's the example picture of the label for the Field Journal Notebook that was posted in one of replies:

The Field Journal Logo tag has a picture of an airplane flying over a mountain with small green trees.

I'm giving the detailed info on the post, because people who are using older versions of Tapatalk for the iPad may not be able to navigate directly to the specific post in a long thread by clicking the link. Anyone viewing the forums through a web browser on a computer (or tablet) device, can click on the arrow to the right of the name of a quoted post, and can also navigate to that post (if searching for a post by uploaded image, without an explicit included link) by selecting the Attachment Gallery forum, selecting "Search" at the far right of the Attachment Gallery heading, and then typing in the name of the poster "Seikoguy" (without the quotes) into the Advanced search field. This brings up a gallery of images uploaded by that user you can navigate through, with the option of viewing the pictures in more detail, or going directly to read the post in which the picture is included. These images are on his early set of image upload posts (on the last -- currently "2nd" -- page of images). Lots of good pictures of bags in Aubergine, by the way.

HTH. moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-24-2014 at 02:34 PM.

@moriond
    Some of you fellow forum members sure have an encyclopedic knowledge of this forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aquaris85 View Post
    I like that idea! Having unique tags for each bag. Or at least for the flagships. The aeronaut should definitely get it's own tag.
    I had never noticed that the TS had a different tag. Where have I been?!? And dude, if anything needs a tag of its own, the Aeronaut does!
    eWalker likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

The patches could be made into key chains or something to add to a zipper pull....I would definitely get one!!!!
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

A Mini Clear Organizer Pouch or a size 1 Knitting Tool Pouch make for a great luggage tag.

I think this would also be a nice job for the Clear Organizer Wallet, especially if stopping at multiple locations.

I keep all my Tom Bihn Bags Tags, the ones made of cardboard that certifies that the bag is newly minted from the factory, I need to make sure to gather them in one place and experiment with the Pouches above to make a Tom Bihn Luggage Tag.

I hope some of you have kept your cardboard Portable Culture Tags, this way you get to have a DIY Tom Bihn item with that tag.

To make keep the cardboard tags from getting damaged , one can house them in little plastic pockets but I would like it better, if those were available in Urethane from the Lovely Crew.
    eWalker likes this.

I'd be happy to have the stickers come back. They didn't say Portable Culture, but they could. I have a ton of them and every tag off of every bag. Remember that declutter thread...
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I was always sad that I joined TB after the change of the Portable Culture tags. Today I went through all my TB stuff and HEY! My first wasabi shopping bag has a portable culture tag!!!! Does that qualify me to belong to the "oldies TB club"? So exciting!

Name:  20140626_205314_resized.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  374.4 KB

nice! my AWESOME husband got me a surprise vintage SCB that is storm, i think and has that tag. i will take it's pic today to show off.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'd be happy to have the stickers come back. They didn't say Portable Culture, but they could. I have a ton of them and every tag off of every bag. Remember that declutter thread...
    meekly raises hand for the sticker having/saving all the tags club

But they take up so very little space.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0