Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By Trailhiker
  • 2 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By Perseffect
  • 4 Post By moriond

Thread: Organiser wallet colours

Organiser wallet colours

Does anyone know why you can order a specific colour of organiser wallet, but when it comes to organiser pouches, it's pot luck?

Not that it matters - I'm just curious!
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I seem to remember that when I ordered the ones I have Matthew walked over to the bin and told me what was available.
    eWalker likes this.

You can always request certain colors in the comments section, or call in your order, and ask what is available, and then have certain colors pulled.

I think the biggest reason is there are multiple sizes and options with the op and only one type of organizer wallet. Also, because there are tons do color choices when you think of all of the Cordura and Parapack options combined. For the DOP all of the fabrics seem game, so it's even more choices. It's possible some only are made in small batches. Updating availability real time would be a nightmare.
    scribe and eWalker like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I wonder if the organizer pouches are made utilizing scrap from the manufacture of larger products. If so they may not actually gear up to make any specific color, but simply utilize the material that is available.

Yes, on the wallet you select a color rather than requesting by preference in the comments. I recently ordered a wasabi one (love the wasabi) that is out for delivery right now. I thought that was cool - I may later order a less vibrant one and like having the option.
    so far - TS + AS Black Dyneema/Wasabi :: Cadet Black/Steel :: MCB Black Dyneema/Solar :: SE Black/Wasabi :: SS Steel & Wasabi :: CQPC Wasabi :: OP MULTI :: OW Wasabi :: Wanderlust Always
    future - Aeronaut and/or Aeronaut 30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi :: SCB Linen :: TB everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLee View Post
    I wonder if the organizer pouches are made utilizing scrap from the manufacture of larger products. If so they may not actually gear up to make any specific color, but simply utilize the material that is available.
    This would make most sence and least wasteful. I actually quite enjoy the randomness (although on occasion I have asked for a specific colour). I was pleased to get Aubergine in the ballistic mesh this time, a colour I wouldn't have chosen. Very cool.
    eWalker likes this.
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Tri-Star ([Black/Steel), Aeronaut (Steel/UV), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Zephyr (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Ristretto 13 (Navy/Solar), Large Cafe Bag (Linen/Navy), Small Cafe Bag (Plum/Wasabi), Side Effect (Navy/Solar) (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)(Aubergine/Wasabi), Travel Trays (UV/Iberian/Nordic/Black), Large Shop Bag (Nordic)

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLee View Post
    That's certainly true, but the pouches are the same size as the wallets. However the construction of the latter is a bit more complex because of the ultrasuede dividers, so maybe they schedule specific production runs, whereas with pouches they make up a quick batch with whatever leftovers are available?
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sheeshoo View Post
    Yes, on the wallet you select a color rather than requesting by preference in the comments. I recently ordered a wasabi one (love the wasabi) that is out for delivery right now. I thought that was cool - I may later order a less vibrant one and like having the option.

@sheeshoo I'll point you to a picture of some of the different Clear Organizer Wallets in Dyneema that appeared in the middle of two different threads (one on the Pilot and one on selecting Dyneema colors for travel trays). (The rest of the post contains discussions of ways to find comparison pictures of Dyneema Travel Trays and other items and links to relevant posts and threads for that purpose. I won't include these here since many are specifically about Dyneema Travel tray colors, but you can read the original post for more information, since there are some additional suggestions about ways to decide on contrasting colors):

Excerpted from my 03-14-2014 post in the Color My Travel Tray thread:
    In addition, I can point you to my picture of different color Clear Organizer Wallets in Dyneema seen against a Black 400d Dyneema/Wasabi Pilot:

The wallet colors are (from left to right) Wasabi, Nordic, Ultraviolet, Black, and Solar Dyneema, with a Cardinal (Ballistic Nylon) wallet as a stand-in for Iberian (which is close in color, but which they don't make as a wallet option -- I'm hoping they will). The 400d Dyneema colors like Nordic and Black are not options for the Travel Tray, and they only became available as wallet options, along with Ultraviolet and Solar, about a month ago. This picture may help people decide on the contrast of the Travel Tray colors with the inside of the Nordic and Black 400d Dyneema Pilots, which have a lot more of the coloring of the outside bag material showing in the interior than is the case for the Co-Pilot or other travel bags. I'm including the picture directly in the post, because it's in the middle of the very long The New Pilot Available for Pre-Order in January 2014! thread (#412 02/10/2014) and I don't think the direct link to the post works on smart phone web browsers, although it may be supported under TapaTalk.

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    That's certainly true, but the pouches are the same size as the wallets. However the construction of the latter is a bit more complex because of the ultrasuede dividers, so maybe they schedule specific production runs, whereas with pouches they make up a quick batch with whatever leftovers are available?
    @scribe Yes, in general it's easier to make up smaller (mini) size pouches out of the material that is left from production runs, and it would be a nightmare to spend the time updating the web pages about color availability in those pouches. They also do change/have changed the color of the Ultrasuede dividers used in the wallets, but not as frequently.

Here are a few other composite images of older clear organizer wallets, again pulled and excerpted from much longer discussion threads:

From the 11 October 2011 blog post listing 12 Clear Organizer Wallets in stock at the time:

From the original blog announcement of Clear Organizer Wallets to match the first offerings of the Little Swift in Similar Materials in April 2010:

These wallets used to be a great way to view colors and fabrics (including the original wallet/Little Swift offerings in Cocoa Ultrasuede, Kiwi Ballistic Nylon, Cork, and Hemp). The original clear organizer wallets debuted in March 2009 with various Cordura options. (Plum sold out in under a week.)

Most of the colors shown in the montage of 12 are no longer available (Hemp and Cork are no more, Ballistic Nylon Colors Kiwi and Cardinal are no longer available -- especially since Cardinal has been retired). But new Ballistic Nylon options became available (Aubergine, and then Black, Steel, and Forest introduced with the (briefly available Nordic Dyneema wallet) in February of this year, with the wallets shown in my first picture, and also 420d Parapack wallets.

Some other related posts discussing the wallets may be found in the Clear Organizer Wallets in 420d Parapack? and the Is there a hemp organizer pouch? threads.

For Cordura colors, I found it useful to the check the 3D Clear Organizer Cube offerings (and the Cafe Bag Pictures).

HTH. moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0