Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By GoStanford
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By GoStanford
  • 1 Post By monkeylady
  • 2 Post By moriond

Thread: Does Nook Tablet pouch fit an iPad Mini?

Does Nook Tablet pouch fit an iPad Mini?

Would appreciate knowing whether an iPad mini with or without case fits into the Nook Tablet pouch. They are listed on the website in ultrasuede.

Do any apricots fit? Perhaps dried apricots!
    eWalker likes this.

Do you have a Nook pouch that you want to put the iPad mini into? I have the iPad mini cache, which is just big enough even with a Logitech ultraslim keyboard attached. Tight, admittedly, but possible.
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Do you have a Nook pouch that you want to put the iPad mini into?
    No, I have an iPad mini with a non-Apple case, and the case shows some wear. I am thinking of switching or adding one of the TB Nook pouches so I can put the device in a bookbag. I just like the Ultrasuede look and feel and was thinking of getting the Nook pouch for that reason. According to the Apple website dimensions, the iPad mini will fit, but I would like to know from users if it is a smooth fit/tight/anything else.
    eWalker likes this.

Well. the Ipad mini cache measures 5.3 x 7.87

and the Nook pouches measure 6.7 x 8.3/9.8, depending on which model you have.

Just be measurements alone, it looks like you have plenty of room. Maybe too much. Depends on whether you want the pouch to do double duty with a Nook. If not, why not the cache made for the Ipad mini?
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    @GoStanford I'm not sure that the Nook Tablet pouch would fit your iPad mini in a case. Let me first ask whether you can carry that iPad Mini in its case inside of the Side Effect? That would give me some idea of the thickness of the case. I think the dimensions listed for the Nook and Kindle Pouches are outer dimensions for completely flat pouches. The specs for these cases weren't really designed to be used for other devices, and the cases themselves were not designed to hold the afore-mentioned Kindles or Nooks inside cases. Also, these pouches are tapered so they are slightly smaller at the bottom.

I no longer have my Cork Kindle Pouch (lost or stolen at an airport transit point last fall, although I immediately searched for it) to take a picture, but I know that I couldn't use it to carry my iPad Mini without a case. The stated external dimensions of the Kindle Pouch were: 6.9" x 9.5" / 175 x 240 mm vs. the exterior Nook Tablet Pouch dimensions of 6.7" x 9.8" / 170 x 250 mm. The exterior dimensions include the width of 3/8" piping around the outside. That, combined with the tapered design, meant that even outside of its case, the iPad mini could not sit all the way at the bottom of the Kindle Pouch, so the top of the device lay just slightly above the top of the pouch. And this was without any case on the iPad Mini. The extra 10mm height of the Nook Tablet Pouch might be able to offset the 5mm narrower width of the pouch with similar tapered design, but I doubt this will fit your iPad Mini if you store it with a case, unless that case is extremely thin.

Other options that may work for you are the Medium Size Padded Pouch, or the Medium Pouch or Double Organizer Pouch in Ballistic Nylon. I can fit my iPad Mini in its hard case into a Medium Ultrasuede Pouch (of the sort they used to sell as Kindle Pouches), but these pouches are fairly soft. See the iPad Mini EDC thread or my pictures in the linked iPad mini in a SuperDrive organiser pouch ? thread for details. That last thread also gives exact dimensions for the thickness of my iPad Mini case.

HTH. moriond
    WenV and eWalker like this.

I can fit my iPad mini into my black dyneema SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    💬
    Forrest Green Tri-Star, Navy/Solar PILOT, w/13" MBA cache, Large Shop Bag, various colorful pouches, straps, sacks, 3D mesh, large Dyneema org. cubes and Olive SE. Black Dyneema Daylight BP. As always, more TB stuff on order!

Thanks All - I didn't realize there had been updates to this thread. I decided to skip the Nook Tablet pouch for now. I have been putting my iPad plus case into whatever daily bag I am using and it has held up OK; the most wear has been on the points where the case folds backwards to reveal the screen, and I don't think a padded pouch will help that.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0