Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Yoda Sloth
  • 1 Post By Duster

Thread: TriStar and Little Swift on RyanAir?

TriStar and Little Swift on RyanAir?

Has anyone taken the TriStar as their main item on RyanAir? Size limit (height) is 20 cm, and the TS is 205 mm, so just a shade over. However, even if not overpacked, it still runs closer to 23-24 cm in height (at least when I pack...)

Not sure exactly how they measure the bags on RyanAir, so wanted some first hand experience from someone out there on whether my TS would likely be acceptable?

Also, related, they are now allowing a small personal item (of the extremely odd dimensions of 35 cm X 20 cm X 20 cm - who carries such squarish bags?). Has anyone used a Little Swift as this item? Again, slightly over on one dimension, but considerably smaller on the others, so wondering if it would work?
    eWalker likes this.

I've never used a TriStar when travelling on RyanAir but when I've travelled with them in the past, I found they were very strict with luggage weights and dimensions. Any passengers that were even slightly over the limits could expect some significant extra charges. I don't know if they've changed their policies in that regard in order to become more "user friendly". One definite variable will be how heavily the TriStar is packed. If it's fully loaded and bulging at the seams, you could have problems.

Before booking with RyanAir, I'd suggest checking the airports you'll be using as in some cases they use some very out-of-the-way airports. For example, Beauvais is used in Paris, which is not exactly close to the city and will add to your travel times and costs. It's always a good idea to check several budget carriers when booking flights in Europe.
    eWalker likes this.

thanks! I am guessing if the Tri-Star is not overpacked it will work. I shall have to be VERY careful....

My friend who lives in Luxembourg booked our tickets - so I think we are leaving from an very out-of-the-way airport in Germany - but she knows where it is !!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0