Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Perseffect

Thread: Colors of the Zephyr?

cyp

Colors of the Zephyr?

I'm curious about the color combinations that were available before the no-backorder situation. It's available now in black/black/steel, but dare I hope for colors? There's a photo out there somewhere of a Zephyr in black/red, but that's about it.

After much dithering and agonizing I've decided that that the Zephyr is the briefcase-ish bag for me, so this naturally means that it will be the last thing to ever be available in anything other than black and steel. It's a curse...

Cindy

p.s. My dream would be black/aubergine/wasabi dyneema to match my Smart Alec!

I saw pictures with a wasabi Dyneema interior I think.

Current versions of the bag I have seen only with a Black Front Flap (there may be Steel as well but I do not recall). +1 @GoStanford - the interior colors I remember were either 200d Dyneema Wasabi or Steel

In the past, for the Front Flap, I have seen additional colors of Indigo, Navy, Crimson and Forest. For the interior, before Dyneema, I have seen 500d Cordura interiors in Wasabi, Steel, Navy and Crimson.

So, unless you want to buy an older bag off of Ebay, I think you are limited in color choices.
    You could post the color combo you want in the 2014 TB wish list. I could see another Wasabi Dyneema interior run.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

I have the Black/Black/Wasabi that I bought from eBay earlier this year but it has the "Made in USA" tag so isn't that old. Its a great colour combo as I like the complete matching black on the outside. As suggested by @tpnl, I'd add it to the wish list as I think its a great professional looking colour combo to bring back.
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Tri-Star ([Black/Steel), Western Flyer (Navy/UV), Aeronaut (Steel/UV), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Large Cafe Bag (Linen/Navy), Small Cafe Bag (Plum/Wasabi), Side Effect (Navy/Solar) (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)(Aubergine/Wasabi), Laundry Stuff Sack (Wasabi), Travel Trays (UV/Iberian/Nordic/Black), Large Shop Bag (Nordic)

cyp
    I'd like a front flap in Forest almost as much as Aubergine. My new dilemma: get what's available now - while it's still available! - or gamble and wait a bit to see if anything else turns up. I'll post to the wishlist thread just for the heck of it, but the Zephyr doesn't seem to get quite as much love as most other Bihn bags. Just my luck it'll be low on the list for alternate versions.

Quote Originally Posted by cyp View Post
    I'd like a front flap in Forest almost as much as Aubergine. My new dilemma: get what's available now - while it's still available! - or gamble and wait a bit to see if anything else turns up. I'll post to the wishlist thread just for the heck of it, but the Zephyr doesn't seem to get quite as much love as most other Bihn bags. Just my luck it'll be low on the list for alternate versions.
    Yeah, I was thinking it would be wonderful if there could always be 2 colour combinations of Zephyr available at any given time, but I don't think this bag sees the kind of demand that the others do... so tough luck, I guess. Wouldn't it be nice to have combinations for stodgy and not-so-stodgy workplaces? When I saw a black/black/wasabi dyneema Zephyr on ebay, I grabbed it because it was exactly what I and/or my partner needed. (We can *only* carry black briefcases, meh!) But of course there are lots of people who would fancy a Zephyr in more exciting colours. A forest or aubergine flap would be very well-received IMO...
    Last edited by adalangdon; 06-16-2014 at 10:18 PM.

As I mentioned earlier, I have the Black/Black/Wasabi combo which is really nice. Thought I'd show some photos. Note that the colour is a bit brighter in the photos than normal. The Wasabi is a nice 'matt' colour in reality.

Name:  Photo 16-06-2014 16 17 10.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  879.0 KB

Name:  Photo 16-06-2014 16 17 50.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  1.01 MB
    tpnl likes this.
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Tri-Star ([Black/Steel), Western Flyer (Navy/UV), Aeronaut (Steel/UV), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Large Cafe Bag (Linen/Navy), Small Cafe Bag (Plum/Wasabi), Side Effect (Navy/Solar) (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)(Aubergine/Wasabi), Laundry Stuff Sack (Wasabi), Travel Trays (UV/Iberian/Nordic/Black), Large Shop Bag (Nordic)

This is a style I would like to see updated with new colors in the new product debuts. Seems like a great briefcase with some extra structure.

cyp
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, I have the Black/Black/Wasabi combo which is really nice. Thought I'd show some photos. Note that the colour is a bit brighter in the photos than normal. The Wasabi is a nice 'matt' colour in reality.
    Thanks for posting these photos. The Wasabi is indeed stunning. I'm checking eBay regularly on the off chance that one of these might turn up someday, and TomBihn.com in case they surprise us and release a new colorful batch. The Zephyr must be my own personal Goldilocks bag, neither too large nor too small and with all the pockets in just the right places.