Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By cal
  • 4 Post By cal

Thread: Nordic SE fraying

cal

Nordic SE fraying

Hi, I'm looking for some advice from the TB experts! I received my nordic SE a few weeks ago, and have used it a few times, mainly as an organiser in my imago. I've noticed that the white thread of the dyneema fabric is lifting. I have other dyneema bags, and have not had this problem. Should I cut the threads off, or will that make it worse?Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1402604746796.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  31.0 KB

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

@cal, this seems highly irregular to me. The white threads are the high-tenacity fibers in Dyneema fabric so you may want to email TB and ask them if cutting the threads will compromise fabric performance or cause more unravelling. Hopefully it won't be an issue and you can snip with impunity. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yikes, that's weird. emailus@tombihn.com and we'll figure it out from there.
    eWalker likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

cal
    Thanks for the replies, I'll email now
    eWalker likes this.

cal
    Thank you so much to Beau and Darcy for the extremely fast replies, and wonderful customer service! My replacement SE will be shipped soon.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0