Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ykang2375
  • 1 Post By bchaplin
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By ykang2375
  • 2 Post By snowbot

Thread: Packing Cube question: Tri-Star vs. Western Flyer

Packing Cube question: Tri-Star vs. Western Flyer

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding the packing cubes for the Tri-Star and Western Flyer. I could have sworn that TB only had one set of cubes for the Aeronaut and another one for the Tri-Star/Western Flyer. I recently took a look on the website and I saw a separate set for the Western Flyer in addition to the ones for the Tri-Star and Aeronaut. Also, to make it even more confusing there are 2 Packing Cube/Backpacks, one for the Aeronaut and one for the Tri-Star/Western Flyer. I already have the Tri-Star and a whole bunch of cubes for it, will they fit the Western Flyer too?

Thanks!!
    eWalker likes this.

I believe there have always been separate packing cubes for the Tri-Star and Western Flyer. It is the Tri-Star/WF packing cube/backpack that is not specific to either one.
    eWalker likes this.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by ykang2375 View Post
    I already have the Tri-Star and a whole bunch of cubes for it, will they fit the Western Flyer too?
    The medium TriStar cube works very well in the WF, leaving space for a large stuff sack or similar next to it. I don't know about the others as I returned them with my TS, but I suspect the small fits into either of the divided sections. The largest one is probably going to be too big unless you under-pack it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Hey guys, thanks for your responses I appreciate it.
    eWalker likes this.

The WF sections are a little shorter lengthwise than the TS sections, but deeper. (This additional depth is why it'is easier for me to fit a pair of shoes in the WF than the TS.). The TS small and medium cubes work well in the WF (and you may be able to fit an iPad or MacBook Air in a cache behind the cube. The smaller stuff sacks work great, too. (I haven't tried a large one.). I find that the packing cube backpack takes a little care when zipping it up into the WF because it's a little big.

I do wish the WF/TS packing cube backpack were sized to the WF length and width rather than between the TS and WF.
    Last edited by snowbot; 06-10-2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Forgot about the shoes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0