Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By mjpinter
  • 3 Post By Moosezilla
  • 2 Post By mjpinter
  • 1 Post By mjpinter

Thread: Ristretto 11'' Inside of a Smart Alec? (Pictures Requested)

Ristretto 11'' Inside of a Smart Alec? (Pictures Requested)

Hello folks!

I am in need of a visual, and was wondering if there was anyone on the forum who could help me out (Moosezilla, I'm looking at you ! ) Could anyone tell me if their Ristretto (I am looking at an 11'', but I think that the iPad one is comparable enough in size for our experiment) fits comfortably inside their Smart Alec? My husband has an awesome set up with his Founder's Briefcase and his Brain Bag, where he puts the briefcase (with computer and gear) in the front pocket of the BB (fits perfectly), and then puts an extra layer, umbrella, coffee, lunch, papers that he is grading, etc. in the other pockets of the BB. Then, at work he can just pull out the computer bag and be more mobile with just that.

I want to do the same setup in my SA, and while I thought that the co-pilot would be a good use for that, I find that the horizontal layout doesn't carry as well as I would like. So, thanks to Moosezilla's beautiful Aubergine ristretto photo, I am thinking that I might like the vertical orientation better.

Whew...so many words, and so few pictures I apologize about that!

So, is there anyone who can help a girl out? I am hoping that the ristretto fits in the SA along the back, and that there is room for a lunchbot (thanks maverick!) and my Kleen Kanteen in the waterbottle pocket, along with a few organizational pouches and a couple of books.

Thanks guys!
    eWalker likes this.

Hey hey hey! I heard someone calling my name!!
    I just put down my morning coffee quick to have a photo shoot! Here we go...

The specimens...my beautiful Black/Wasabi SA and the Aubergine/Steel iPad Ristretto!

I had to turn my flash on since it's rainy here today and you couldn't really see all the way down without it. This is with the bags just hanging out.

Here I tried to shove the front wall out to show you exactly how much room is still left over.

Oh, and by the way, there's more than enough room left over to fit all of the other gear you mentioned...probably even enough room for a body...

You, lovely lady, have just made my morning! You are awesome--thank you so much for taking the time to show me that--let's be friends! It looks fantasticm (I have the same SA as you do), and I am really excited to make it all work! I put in an order for a Ristretto, and will add my pictures of the full load when it all comes to this thread. I haven't see the Ristretto/SA combo anywhere on the forum (perhaps I have just missed it), but it could be an underappreciated combo

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    Oh, and by the way, there's more than enough room left over to fit all of the other gear you mentioned...probably even enough room for a body...
    Sweet! Just in case, you know, it is one of those body-carrying days.

Quote Originally Posted by mjpinter View Post
    You, lovely lady, have just made my morning! You are awesome--thank you so much for taking the time to show me that--let's be friends! It looks fantasticm (I have the same SA as you do), and I am really excited to make it all work! I put in an order for a Ristretto, and will add my pictures of the full load when it all comes to this thread. I haven't see the Ristretto/SA combo anywhere on the forum (perhaps I have just missed it), but it could be an underappreciated combo
    Awww, anything for a fellow Bihnion! I'm actually thinking about ditching my Ristretto since I've now invested in 2 MCBs and could probably just throw my iPad in there since I really don't use my Ristretto that much...but she's SO beautiful. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by mjpinter View Post
    Sweet! Just in case, you know, it is one of those body-carrying days.
    You never know...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0