Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mHarm
  • 1 Post By mjpinter
  • 1 Post By SKIMT

Thread: Pulling a laptop out of a synapse 25

Pulling a laptop out of a synapse 25

Hey people!

Quick question for you guys. While the TSA-airport function of the cache on rails is cool, I'm more concerned by the implications this has on laptop usage. I plan on using my laptop heavily throughout the day and will be putting it in and out of the pack very frequently on a daily basis. How easy is it to pull out a laptop of the cache on rails? I'm under the impression it isn't a one-handed task. Since the cache isn't fixed to the back of the pack, does it come out as you attempt to pull the laptop out? And does the tightness of the cache make it even more difficult?

Thank folks.
    eWalker likes this.

Hi mHarm,

This is something that my husband and I have very different experiences with. I have a MBA 11'' and when I use the cache on rails in my Synapse 19 or in my Smart Alec it is definitely a two-handed task because my computer fits snugly in the cache. If I try to take out my computer with one hand, the cache does sometimes rise up on the rails. I have had the cache since November, so the snugness of the cache has not loosened over time (which could be good or bad, depending on what your preferences are). Personally, it does not bother me, and is something that I got used to quite quickly. The benefits that the cache gives me in terms of protection and ease of use (I am in academia and travel rather frequently) outweigh the two-handed retrieval. Important to note, the fact that it takes two hands to get my computer out is a function of the snugness of the cache, and doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that it is on rails. If anything, the rails help stabilize the cache as you are pulling the computer out.

With all of that being said, however, my husband does not have the same experience. He has a MBA 13'' in a cache on rails, and has used my Synapse 19, and his Synapse 25 and his Brain Bag. His cache doesn't seem to be quite as snug as mine (or perhaps since his computer is bigger, he is able to get a better grip on it), and he is able to pull out his computer with one hand.

I hope that helps!
    eWalker likes this.

I have found that it is just easier to pull the laptop out of my S25 without sliding out the cache unless I'm going through security and need it all out.

I have the official TB cache for the iPad and modified each of my Macbook's neoprene sleeves with webbing so they function similarly as I rarely travel with either my MBP or MBA.

It is truly the most efficient and easiest way I have ever used or seen to carry a laptop or tablet in a backpack.
    eWalker likes this.

Great, thanks for the replies! Super helpful.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0