Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icebeng

Thread: Large Cafe Bag as Packing Cube in Aeronaut?

Large Cafe Bag as Packing Cube in Aeronaut?

I have a family trip coming up in August and will use my Aeronaut as the main clothing bag on the trip (as a carry on ).

I was looking at the packing cube backpack (I have the Tristar one which I love) as it's useful to get double duty out of any packing cube I use. Seems more efficient.

I just noticed though that the dimensions of the large cube are very similar to the large cafe bag. I have 2 large cafe bags on order so am now wondering if I could use one of those as a packing cube.

Anyone use a large cafe bag as a packing cube in an aeronaut? Any thoughts?

I've done it but it's not the most efficient use of space.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Volunteer Moderator
    That's an interesting idea!

For me, part of what makes the packing cubes work so well is being able to zip them shut - specially when I want to squeeze a lot into them. I don't know how well the Large Cafe Bag will do that.

The great thing about the packing cube backpack is that the straps are fairly thin - so they aren't in the way when you turn it inside out to use as a packing cube. The shoulder strap on the Large Cafe Bag is going to be thicker, so that also makes it a less ideal choice as a packing cube, at least for me.

You could certainly pack the Large Cafe Bag inside the Aeronaut - it will fit nicely inside the Aeronaut provided you have the space!

I've actually slid packing cubes inside my LCB and then packed the whole thing. The Aeronaut cubes are somewhat deeper, though, so maybe not. I think I did this with my Eagle Creek Specter cubes.

I love you guys, you've just given me 1 more excuse to have more than 1 SCB, MCB, LCB!
    Hollie likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0