Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: SCB or MCB for sightseeing? (or another bag?)

Ilkyway likes this.

Just went back home for lunch, and took pictures of the SCB next to MCB, then SCB Inside MCB.
    The MCB is pretty large, for me at last.
    I apologize in advance for the size of the pictures, I did it quickly before returning to work, so maybe they will be too small? I haven't posted many pictures so I don't know how they will turn. Wait and see...

Cheers,

Poker face

Name:  MCB.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  149.3 KBName:  SCB_MCB.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  149.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Big fan of Nordic dyneema (aeronaut, PCSB, PCBP, TT, LSB, SSB, SE, SCB, MCB, co-pilot, synapse 19). OK, so where am I going to put all that stuff...

Icebeng: perfect, thank you!
    icebeng likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poker Face View Post
    Just went back home for lunch, and took pictures of the SCB next to MCB, then SCB Inside MCB.
    The MCB is pretty large, for me at last.
    I apologize in advance for the size of the pictures, I did it quickly before returning to work, so maybe they will be too small? I haven't posted many pictures so I don't know how they will turn. Wait and see...

Cheers,

Poker face

Name:  MCB.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  149.3 KBName:  SCB_MCB.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  149.6 KB
    Awesome pics! I'm so mad at myself for not ordering a Nordic/Solar MCB. It's a beautiful bag
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Poker Face: Somehow I missed your amazing pictures earlier. I was was useing my cell-phone than and after following icebeng's link I went back and thanked for that.

Your size-comparison is very helpful because it includes the small Cafe Bag in the color I have (whoever thinks colors do not matter and should not interfere with size-grasping clearly does not live in my head!).
    Thank you for taking pictures of your beautiful bags. You helped a lot and it is just eye-candy for me looking at them.

Ilkyway
    moriond likes this.

Fantastic pics Poker Face. You're definitely making me wish I'd ordered something in Nordic now. XD
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Hi All

My posts take a long time to appear online, I don't know why... :-S

Yes indeed, I LOVE my nordic bags it's such a beautiful color. At first I wanted to return my MCB as it was a little big for me. But, you know, it kept looking at me with its bright nordic eyes...ehhh squares... anyway..., and finally I kept it...

I'm a light packer for my purse/bag, and the SCB is perfect for me. I can fit my small umbrella in it and a small bottle of water.
    But of course, if you want to pack a light rain jacket, and maybe some other things, the MCB may be better.

Hope this helps!

Poker Face
    Big fan of Nordic dyneema (aeronaut, PCSB, PCBP, TT, LSB, SSB, SE, SCB, MCB, co-pilot, synapse 19). OK, so where am I going to put all that stuff...

Just a reminder that when you are new to the forum all of your posts go into moderation for a while. It usually stops after the first 5-7. Until that time a mod has to manually approve your posts.

Poker Face, I approved your posts this morning...before that I was asleep. 💤💤💤

Thanks for the great pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the new-born thing. Once you have proven not to be a viscous killer with you keyboard... your posts will appear instantly.

Edit: This was me typing on my cell-phone. No smoking fast keystrokes there... Badger is clearly the fastest on a cell-phone-keyboard, I bow to that.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 07-18-2014 at 10:23 AM.

The Small Cafe Bag is a perfect sightseeing bag, it works very well with a S19 and I imagine, even better with a DLBP.

If one's visits small towns or buildings with security (usually there for the art on display), bright colors are fine, but... I would suggest a drabber color, and this is where black Dyneema and all the Parapack colors shine, if visiting the main tourist traps (famous places) in Europe.

Notre Dame plaza, areas around the Louvres, the Eiffel Tower... are magnets for pickpockets.

In Europe, this is the only area I know enough to speak of, pickpocketing, theft targeting tourist is a very organized business.

The perpetrators are women and children or older teens, they are known to the local police, which are more important things to do.

So the key is to pay for reservations at important sites, so you don't have to wait in line.

Unless you plan to dine at a very exclusive place, look drab: denim pieces, plain tees, a sweater or cardigan, a hoodie and a rain jacket should be fine. Denim can be lightweight cotton, all that is easy to pack and wash.

A nice looking pair of black chinos, with a plain tee and cardigan or a shirt, tie works fine in nice restaurants but some require a jacket. In France, they have borrow jacket in some of the strict dress code restaurants.

I know that microfiber, drapes well so lightweight jackets can be made from it. I have one and it is great for travel.

In the fall, an ultrasuede jacket can be substituted.

Above all, leave all jewellery, in the home country, in a safe.

The paper guide books can be dismantled and only relevant pages protected in plastic leaves brought.

I would also recommend a FJN, to write about the adventures, draw and color with crayons/pencils/markers/water colors (regular or pencil).

I have been ultra inspired by other FJN owners!

Since the FJN doesn't fit in the SCB, this is where the DLBP shines!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0