Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Moosezilla
  • 1 Post By vivelly
  • 1 Post By hamiltee
  • 1 Post By readmore
  • 3 Post By Hollie
  • 1 Post By RhoFro
  • 2 Post By scribe

Thread: How easy is it to keep Linen clean?

How easy is it to keep Linen clean?

I'm wondering about an LCB in linen/navy. I've always loved the look of the linen, but I assumed it would be hard to keep clean. Do you folks who have this color, find keeping it clean to be a problem?
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

I've never ever had a problem with keeping my Linen/Steel SCB clean. Like ever. And this baby has gotten dragged through the muddy backstreets of Berlin, mind you.
    Hollie likes this.

Same. I am using mine now ...for a year? (have to check) and use it daily and its exposed to many hazards and it is very dirt repellent! If ever I felt it needed a wash I just handwashed it and it came out like new.
    I was concerned about dirt too at the beginning, but it is not an issue for me.
    Hollie likes this.

I asked the same question when I was considering a Linen/Steel SCB. I was using a Keen bag that was similar shade to linen, and I found it was picking up the dye from my blue jeans! I was assured the linen SCB would stand up to stains, and the SCB really looked to be the replacement bag I'd been searching for. I've had it for over a year now and use it daily, and there's no sign of any denim blue rubbing off on it!
    Hollie likes this.

I've only had my linen SCB for a few weeks, but have already gotten some stains on it that wiped clean with water.
    Hollie likes this.

Thanks everyone! I thought about it, and I'm going to hold off for now. Nothing against the bag, I believe it's probably wonderful, but I'm craving it only a mild amount. I'm very happy with my other cafe bags, and I want to save my pennies for what might be presented to us in June! There might be something that's way beyond a mild craving, something that says, "You need to own me, NOW." I'm sure everyone can relate to this feeling, hahaha!
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

I love my Linen/Steel MCB bag because the color goes with everything. My only concern with the bag was the initial impression that it was too small, which I got over by putting it in use as a daily carry overseas. But, if you're ever not sure about a color, the best thing to do is order it in an organizer pouch to test drive it. I love Linen so much I was delighted to score one recently in an OP to add to the collection (Indigo is still the best OP color in my opinion though).
    Hollie likes this.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Thanks everyone! I thought about it, and I'm going to hold off for now. Nothing against the bag, I believe it's probably wonderful, but I'm craving it only a mild amount. I'm very happy with my other cafe bags, and I want to save my pennies for what might be presented to us in June! There might be something that's way beyond a mild craving, something that says, "You need to own me, NOW." I'm sure everyone can relate to this feeling, hahaha!
    There's going to be 5 new items...
    I'm more terrified it's going to be "You need to own US ALL, NOW."

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    There's going to be 5 new items...
    I'm more terrified it's going to be "You need to own US ALL, NOW."
    There are? Five new items? Was this on a blog post that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    There might be something that's way beyond a mild craving, something that says, "You need to own me, NOW." I'm sure everyone can relate to this feeling, hahaha!
    Oh, totally - this is why I have three sizable orders waiting for items that are on backorder! And if there's a new FJN with a padded pocket for an iPad Mini, there is No Way I'll be able to resist...
    Hollie and Ilkyway like this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Oh, I had seen most of that thread but apparently missed that #39 post by Darcy! Thank you!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0