Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Melissa
  • 1 Post By terayon
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Black vs Colored Cordura

Black vs Colored Cordura

So....I received a TB shipment last night. One on the items ordered was a double organizer pouch. I requested either black ballistic or black cordura (I am one of the minority that does not care for parapack). Anyhoo, I have a couple crimson cordura OPs, including one I received last night. I know others have reported that cordura can pick up pet hair. I have never had any problems in the past with the crimson cordura picking up pet hair. But the black cordura double OP!?!? OMG, it is an absolute pet hair, lint and fuzz ball magnet! Has anyone else noticed if certain colors of cordura attract pet hair more or less than others?
    eWalker likes this.
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

What weight is the Cordura? I have noticed a huge difference in pet hair attraction between the 1000d Cordura of my LCB (hardly picks up hair at all) and the 500d on the back of my Ego (crazy hair magnet). I've not noticed differences between colours, myself.
    eWalker likes this.

Hmmm....I didn't realize that Cordura came in different weights. By feel, the black and crimson feel the same weight. My son's navy/solar S25, incidentally, doesn't seem to pick up us much hair as the black cordura either. Can any "Bihnions" tell me what weight crimson cordura came in? Maybe crimson is the same weight as the navy on my son's S25, and the black is a different weight?
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    I requested either black ballistic or black cordura (I am one of the minority that does not care for parapack).
    I'm also one of the minority. When their other fabrics are so colourful and tactile, parapack just isn't as impressive in my view. TB set such a high benchmark!

Glad you are happy with what you received.

The 1000d Cordura is used on the outside of TB bags whole the 500d is used as a lining, so the S25 (I gather it's Cordura, not Parapack) will be 1000d. The 1000d looks and feels like canvas while the 500d is smoother, almost like linen or cotton.

I didn't know Cordura came in crimson; I know 500d came in cayenne, and ballistic in crimson a few years ago and in cardinal until recently. Other than Iberian, those are the only TB reds that I know of. It'd be cool to have another one!

I had a clear OP that I suspected may be crimson. I emailed Beau who said they had 2 crimson OPs in stock. One was included my last order. So I know it's crimson, it's definitely cordura, but I don't know what weight. Whatever weight it us...it doesn't pick up pet hair like the black cordura DOP.

I think I'm going to have the send the black DOP back.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    I didn't know Cordura came in crimson; I know 500d came in cayenne, and ballistic in crimson a few years ago and in cardinal until recently. Other than Iberian, those are the only TB reds that I know of. It'd be cool to have another one!
    Cordura used to come in crimson, which was a staple color until a few years ago. I have crimson large organizer pouches in both 500d and 1000d Cordura. Since crimson was one of the few staple color alternatives in Ballistic nylon to Black and Steel, I have an Aeronaut, Lux (Swift predecessor), (original) Western Flyer, and (original) Smart Alec in crimson, Brain Cells in crimson, and crimson is also the interior color of my ID Bag.

Here's a link to the with the small cafe bag thread that shows some pictures of @maverick's small cafe bag in crimson. Also, if you go to the Quick First Impressions - Tom Bihn Field Journal thread, you'll see the first post shows a picture of the Field Journal Notebook from the initial product release in Crimson Cordura.

They started retiring crimson, as can be seen in the two old threads, What's happening with Crimson or any red cordura? and Say it ain't so! No more Crimson SCB???

HTH. moriond
    eWalker likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0