Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: "purse issues" and questions from a fashion failure

what is the fabric on the aubergine SE?

1050d Ballistic Nylon
    ETA: it's Ballistic Nylon on the outside, the inside has a 200d Dyneema lining.
    Last edited by icebeng; 06-25-2014 at 09:42 PM.

"purse issues" and questions from a fashion failure

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    1050d Ballistic Nylon
    ETA: it's Ballistic Nylon on the outside, the inside has a 200d Dyneema lining.
    @meekasmom: A number of colour names are linked to only one type of material e.g. Kiwi, Forest, Aubergine (Ballistic only), Ultraviolet, Iberian (200 Dyneema only). Others like Steel appear in all fabrics and deniers (Ballistic, Cordura, 200 Dyneema, (the now discontinued) 400 Dyneema, Parapack) but there's usually some kind of qualifier used with those colours to indicate what fabric it is. HTH for future reference
    Last edited by adalangdon; 06-25-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    @meekasmom: A number of colour names are linked to only one type of material e.g. Lime, Forest, Aubergine (Ballistic only), Ultraviolet, Iberian (200 Dyneema only). Others like Steel appear in all colours and deniers (Ballistic, Cordura, 200 Dyneema, (the now discontinued) 400 Dyneema, Parapack) but there's usually some kind of qualifier used with those colours to indicate what fabric it is. HTH for future reference
    Did you mean Kiwi instead of Lime?
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    @meekasmom: A number of colour names are linked to only one type of material
    Also, as a rule of thumb, bright solid colours are generally cordura, as high-tenacity nylon (ballistic, parapack) doesn't absorb dye as easily*. Hence colours such as kelly green, french blue, burnt orange and (non-dyneema) wasabi are generally only options for linings and softer bags such as cafe bags and synapses - travel bags (which need to stand up to more punishment!) are usually restricted to ballistic and dyneema.

* There have been bright colours in ballistic in the past (Kiwi, Cardinal, and I think Indigo) but lately TB seems to have settled on darker shades. I guess they're more popular because they're more versatile, and custom-dyed ballistic nylon is way too expensive in small quantities.

ETA: I do hope TB continues to offer a couple of "fun" ballistic colours (e.g. aubergine, forest) in addition to the business-friendly black, steel and navy. Even if I'm going carry-on only and don't need to pick out my bag from the sea of black on the carousel, I often leave my luggage with the hotel concierge if I'm at an event that runs on past checkout time, so having an easily identifiable bag is very useful!
    Last edited by scribe; 06-25-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Did you mean Kiwi instead of Lime?
    Oops, my bad. Corrected!
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0