ego vs super ego vs ID as camera bag with insert

I am debating between these three.

I have a variety of requirements depending on where I am traveling.

But usually I take my canon 7d, canon 24-105, my tamron 17-55, a flash, accessories, chargers etc. plus iPad mini

I have also been considering buying one more lens for travel but have not decided.

I have a large bag for when I need to take other equipment and lens so this is more for my standard everyday and travel bag.

which would be the best solution

@sdophoto

Perhaps some of these links might help:

Help with Ego
    Laptop + dSLR and on planes: Super Ego vs. Ego vs. Empire Builder?
    Camera I/O... Super Ego or Ego?
    Size of Camera I/O

The camera I/O insert from TB fits well in both Ego bags. However, it seems that depending on how many lenses you bring, the ego / super ego may get heavy. In that case, I would suggest you get the QAM strap to better distribute the load. From the above posts, the Ego is generally a tight but ok fit and having a Ego, I would agree (note there is a lot more space in the front compartment even with the Camera I/O). This may be fine for you as you already have a larger bag if you want to carry more. I personally like the smaller ego as an EDC. The Super Ego is a good fit leaving some extra room but is a very big bag - perhaps not as good for EDC duties unless you really need the volume.

I have not seen any comments from people about using the ID. I have seen comments of people using the now retired Imago.

BTW - an advantage of going with the camera I/O is that it works with the annex clip system in the Egos - keeps your insert from falling out of the bag.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 05-17-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0