Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By Trailhiker
  • 5 Post By Trailhiker
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Founder's Briefcase in Tristar?

Founder's Briefcase in Tristar?

I forgot where it was, but someone asked earlier whether a Founder's Briefcase can fit in a Tristar.
    In another thread it was asked if a Field Journal notebook could fit in a Founder's Briefcase.
    I answered yes to both questions and that I would be back with photos.
    Well here they are,

Note, I'm in the process of assembling a go to traveling studio so to speak probably using the Tristar as the mothership for this endeavor. At a later date I will explore the further compartments, (and sub-compartments) that this will entail. For the moment I'm just addressing the center compartment as it relates to the FB. It should be noted that there are full pockets on either side of the center compartment as u see it. Within the padded section of the FB there are watercolor pads and blocks rather than a laptop.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  155.0 KB

Size:  164.1 KB

Views: 253
Size:  156.7 KB

Views: 246
Size:  140.7 KB

Views: 248
Size:  141.3 KB

As to the Field Journal Notebook, it could comfortably fit two,
    In the IPad mini pocket is a brush case and pad.

Views: 207
Size:  144.4 KB

Views: 207
Size:  115.6 KB

Views: 213
Size:  145.1 KB
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 05-15-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    I forgot where it was, but someone asked earlier whether a Founder's Briefcase can fit in a Tristar.
    In another thread it was asked if a Field Journal notebook could fit in a Founder's Briefcase.
    I answered yes to both questions and that I would be back with photos.
    Well here they are,

Note, I'm in the process of assembling a go to traveling studio so to speak probably using the Tristar as the mothership for this endeavor. At a later date I will explore the further compartments, (and sub-compartments) that this will entail. For the moment I'm just addressing the center compartment as it relates to the FB. It should be noted that there are full pockets on either side of the center compartment as u see it. Within the padded section of the FB there are watercolor pads and blocks rather than a laptop.

Size:  155.0 KB

Size:  164.1 KB

Views: 253
Size:  156.7 KB

Views: 246
Size:  140.7 KB

Views: 248
Size:  141.3 KB
    @Trailhiker I want to press the "like" button a few zillion times. The Founder's Briefcase looks huge going into the Tri-Star, though. Are those Field Journal Notebooks the current version (looks like Steel Parapack?). I only have the FJN from the Cordura release. At least one of the recent threads asking about whether the Founder's Briefcase fit into the Tri-Star was the Tri-Star and a Day Laptop Bag thread, where I said that I thought the Founder's Briefcase might be too wide to fit easily into the Tri-Star unloaded. I should probably go back and post a link to your pictures in this thread. I'd be curious about how tight the fit into the Tri-Star is with a 15" laptop in the Founder's Briefcase.

Great pictures!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Moriond,

Thank u for your thoughts.

I guess my next round of pics will be with tape measure in hand.
    Every time I fit the FB into the Tristar I'm still amazed.
    Regarding the FJN(s) yes they are the steel Parapack version from the latest crop.

Within a short time I will delve into the "Art Bag Tristar" with greater detail.

These pictures are so gouges. Not only the pictures in them self but the birth giving Tris Star is incredible. Makes me rethink my not wanting a Tris Star... We have a farm and bread Cows (is that put right?) and your pictures so much reminded me of a new calf on its way to sunlight (without the slimy part of cause).

And your pictures of the Founders Briefcase gives a good impression of how much can fit in there. I was before thinking, that it is quite narrow but you fitted a good amount of stuff in there.

Looking forward to your "Art Bag Tristar" threat.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0