Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Dyneema vs Cordura -- outdoor use

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Another way to make a choice: What are the colors, and how tied are you to the selections? We can tell you which options are likely to continue to be offered.
    Black and steel are the two choices. I think the Dyneema wins. (We'll see what happens when I wake up tomorrow!!)

@carl0

Sounds like Dyneema is winning - you have at least 2 posts that say you decided on Dyneema and NONE for the Cordura: Score 2 - 0 for Dyneema ... 3 strikes and ...
    It looks like the Dyneema calls to you and the Cordura is just ok. If I had that feeling, I would keep the Dyneema. Just like clothes, it is a statement of your tastes. The material abrasion / tear resistance is not going to make that huge a difference. Be assured that the strength of both materials are far and above what would normally be needed for everyday use and better than the majority of other company's offerings - IMHO. Just don't toss it down a mountaintop or roll around in sandpaper / a bed of nails / hot coals ... stick to more mundane things like bungee jumping, repelling, base jumping ...

Alternately, ask your wife / partner / close friend to tell you which one looks better ... after all, they are the ones who see you with it on, not you!

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 05-30-2014 at 07:43 AM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Thanks tpnl. I asked the mrs, first she said black and then the Dyneema. Not helpful!!! :-)

(She's actually sticking by the Dyneema choice...)

While I have not taken my dyneema Smart Alec on too many rough adventures, I have used lesser quality dyneema bags from other manufacturers extensively for hiking, snowshoeing, etc, and they held up just fine. As long as you are not bushwhacking through thorny areas (where any bag would risk tears), I think the TB dyneema bags are less likely to show wear and tear than most people are after hard adventures. Just my two cents! And if the dyneema aesthetic appeals to you, it will make you happier no matter what the chosen activity is.
    kkintea likes this.

Thanks! I choose the Dyneema, sent the black bag back. I've used it a couples of times, but just for work. No outdoor time yet for the bag...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0