Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Dyneema vs Cordura -- outdoor use

a 1 liter nalgene fits, but i usually carry a 16 oz day to day.

Thanks, looks like the nalgene is 8x3.5, the camelbak is 10x3.5. If you have some room left over, I think my bottle will fit.

PS, I decided I couldn't decide, and ordered both packs, will return one.

GAH.
    moriond likes this.

total depth of pocket, measured with a ruler, is a little over 10". but that is straight line, not cylindrical. i'm thinking it won't fit.

but you should be using a nalgene anyway. they are made in the usa, where camelbak bottles, or at least all that i have ever seen, are made in china. just my opinion, by the way.

Thanks. Respect your opinion... I moved away from nalgene a long time ago when I found out they were using BPA...just never took another look at them.

yeah, we do not need to get in to the media hype and bs of that.

back to the point, good to hear that you ordered both. that is a good way to decide.

Just checked, Mexico...

It hadn't occurred to me until just now that I had a 1L Eddy. It fits just fine in the S19. The top clip (loop) probably has to be turned sideways, but that's the only restriction I can see.

EDITED for a typo and one minor clarification.
    Last edited by autolycus; 05-15-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    moriond likes this.

Excellent! Thank you much.

Got my bags today.

STILL CAN'T DECIDE.

GAH.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by carl0 View Post
    Got my bags today.

STILL CAN'T DECIDE.

GAH.
    Does that mean you like both?

Got my bags today.

STILL CAN'T DECIDE.

GAH.
    Do you think you could keep both... using one for your gear and the other for the baby's stuff? That way you'd have both on hand and could switch depending on how rugged your activities will be.

The S19 would also make a great gift for spouses/family members.... and if you really like the colors (colors change fairly frequently), you could hang on to it for when your baby is older. My 10 year old daughter loves hers... it is the perfect size for a kids' sleepover and day trips.

In addition, keeping both, if it is an option, will relieve the pain of trying to decide which one to send back.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

I like both.

Gochicken, no more ideas! I can't keep both... :-)

How often do you think you'll need to squeeze something int a pocket of the pack? I have Dyneema & Cordura and make the call based on the Squishometer. When a bag needs to really hold in place (like my Tristar that carries my laptop), I go Cordura. Also if it could ever be gate checked by an airline. When I know I'm going to ask the bag to accommodate excessive shoving, Dyneema can't be beat. It always gives me that little bit more. I think it's a little bit more water repellant, lint repellant and just as durable.

Maybe don't think of it as a pack, but as 2 different types of open bags. There's another company that makes Shop Bags in Cordura. Frankly, I think that would suck for shopping because it doesn't expand the way Dyneema does. If you're structured enough that it wouldn't bother you, then you could safely opt for Cordura.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Volunteer Moderator
    I like both.

Gochicken, no more ideas! I can't keep both... :-)
    Another way to make a choice: What are the colors, and how tied are you to the selections? We can tell you which options are likely to continue to be offered.

Great advice RhoFro. I am leaning towards the dyneema. The bag will definitely see beach time and snow time. And will never be checked (at least I never plan to). I think we have a winner.
    moriond and RhoFro like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0