Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icebeng

Thread: Guardian light on Ristretto.

Guardian light on Ristretto.

Has anyone attached a guardian light to their Ristretto? If so, how and where?

I would like to start riding my scooter to work, but I start work an hour or two before dawn (depending whether it's daylight savings). I think the guardian light will help to make sure drivers see me.....
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

There are 2 types of Guardian Lights, do you already have 1, or are planning to get one based on recommendations?

I would like to get the light strap mounted as it is more secure, but wasn't sure if it would work on a Ristretto.
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

I don't own either, but if you're willing to hear out a couple of ideas, here's my 2 cents.

1. The waist straps, I think you'll probably want to use 2 of the loops to secure the Ristretto to yourself while riding, but the other 2 loops, use another waist strap and clip it round to the front of the Ristretto instead and you'll have a strap to attach your Guardian Light (Credit to blusquid as it's blusquid's idea, not mine). In fact, I think you can attach a whole row of Guardian Lights if you would like to be extra safe :P

2. The part of the strap below the buckle looks like you can attach a light there if you wanted, but it looks like it'll be a light tussle to get it installed there.

3. The above 2 ideas are for the strap mounted light, if you like the one that can be attached to a lanyard, I think you can clip the light to an o-ring in the Ristretto, then let the light dangle out before closing the flap. Not sure how you feel about dangly lights while riding though.

There was a thread on how to attach the Guardian Light to an old style Synapse, although your situation is slightly different, it might still be useful.
    Attaching a Guardian Light to the old-style Synapse 19
    Hope this is useful.
    tpnl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    if you like the one that can be attached to a lanyard, I think you can clip the light to an o-ring in the Ristretto, then let the light dangle out before closing the flap. Not sure how you feel about dangly lights while riding though.
    I do this on my MCB and SCB. I am able to fit my keychain strap and lanyard with Guardian light onto one O-ring. I then tuck both into the main pocket of the bag. MCB is roughly the same size as Ristretto-11 though floppier.

You can just attach it to the shoulder strap, no? This photo shows it on a cafe bag but I imagine it would work just as well with a ristretto: https://www.tombihn.com/blog/aklipfe...lways-with-you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0