Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By trailmix
  • 1 Post By Rocks
  • 2 Post By maverick

Thread: Is the 3D Clear Organizer Cube leakproof?

Is the 3D Clear Organizer Cube leakproof?

If my shampoo busted open, would it leak out of the 3D clear organizer cube? I've been using the quart ziplock bags and want to switch to something less disposable. However, I do have this liquid leakage occasionally and the zip locks handles that very well.

Thanks in advance.

stitches leave holes in fabrics. zippers have spaces in them. the clear material is, the nylon is close, but the overall pouch cannot be leak proof.
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
    stitches leave holes in fabrics. zippers have spaces in them. the clear material is, the nylon is close, but the overall pouch cannot be leak proof.
    I know this is true, but just yesterday I washed a mini Dyneema organizer pouch, and it held water without leaking until I got bored of admiring how watertight it was and poured it out.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I know this is true, but just yesterday I washed a mini Dyneema organizer pouch, and it held water without leaking until I got bored of admiring how watertight it was and poured it out.
    Just washed my 3D clear cube recently, while it appears to hold water, you might wanna note that it's under normal pressure, being packed in a bag, or with other people/luggage jostling or mobbing you, will be a totally different scenario

I think that eventually the shampoo would seep through the fabric or the zip - but even a plastic ziplock can bust open and leak. If leakage is a regular issue, the only guaranteed solution would be putting your ziplock inside a lock'n'lock plastic box or similar.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    On their way: DLBP, 3DFOCs, another YSS!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    Since the 3D Clear Organizer Cube is sewn and doesn't have welded seams, it isn't leak proof. But it is highly leak resistant. To me, it does for all practical purposes contain leaks.

I think this is due to the relatively greater viscosity of fluids you might carry in your 3D Clear Organizer Cube - be it shampoo, conditioner, even oil. Unless you're going to carry water in there, you should be in good shape.

I have had shampoo and other liquids leak inside the 3D clear organizer cube, as well as in the Clear Quarter Packing Cube. Each time, the spills remain well contained.
    -m

Excellent! Thanks everyone! I'm sold. Plus I can use it for other things if it doesn't work out as a 3-1-1.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0