Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: What's in your stuff sack?

What's in your stuff sack?

This one's just for fun. I'm curious how folks use their travel stuff sacks. What size do you own and what do you use it for?
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Great idea for a thread! I would like to learn from others as well. I have stuff sacks and like their design, but haven't yet used them. I think they will be very handy on my next trip out of town though.

I use a size 1 everyday for cables and chargers, and a size 2 or 3 for undies and socks when I travel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    I use a size 1 everyday for cables and chargers, and a size 2 or 3 for undies and socks when I travel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I do this, too. Although I throw my cables in an organizer cube, pouch, or snake charmer depending on which electronics I'm carrying. I also throw dirty undies and such in a size 4. I like to use the size 1 for random bits and bobs like a small tube of lotion or various snacks.

Size 1 TSS is my tech pouch, which fits splendidly into the side pocket of my S19. (It is comparable in size to a pop can.)

Size 2 holds a take-along knitting project (I've just realized that I can use a double carabiner to replicate the clip and yarn guide of the YSS, but have the oval shape of the TSS which fits better in messenger bags). It is comparable in size to a brown paper lunch bag, maybe a touch smaller.

Size 4 is used as a lunch bag sometimes. It's a little big for this though. It is comparable in size to... hmm, not sure. Maybe it should be measured in Larabar units.

Similar usage here - I use a size 1 for my charger and USB cables (iPhone + ereader), and a size 3 or 4 for undies, socks and pyjamas. Both are strictly for travel, not EDC, as I have enough chargers and cables at home and in the office to cover most of my needs.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Great threat!

1. size 1 for essential cables: handy, mp3-player, a plug for the charging via USB form wall outlett (is that right?) and a car charger for USB. In there is also an emergancy MicroSD/SDcard.
    2. size 1 is my first aid cit: plaster, venylgloves, sanetycer for wounds, some essentiels medicaments and a space blancet (one of these foily things with one golden and one silver side).
    3. size 1 for all the TB-Straps I might need on the road. For instence a 1" waistbelt for my SE, some keystraps for what ever, a shoulcerstrap for the SE etc. So that I can take full advantage of the modularity of my TB-Bags
    4. size 2 with a scarf, a buff and puls-wormers for when it gets colder than expected.

All of these sit in the backpack I use for the day. And they are all in a different color of cause.

At home I use a size 2 nitting-sack for all the spare straps and shoulderstraps from my TB-Bags just to store tham and a size 1 nitting-sack for my cosmetics (the kind to use as make up not the kind to use for hygiene).

Ilkyway

EDIT: after reading sribes post: I thought so too that I had cables everywhere and I did not need any as EDC. But than one time I was driving through Berlin (Big Town that I am not familier with). I used my phone for navigation an it ran out of power. Imagine you in a BIIIGGG town with no map and no navigation. I am not cut out for this kind of stress!) Than I found an apple store with (and that is like a small miracle in it self) parcing spot directly in front. I hopped in bought my cable hopped oud and drove on. My doughter was suposed to plugg in the cable in the car-charge which is (nearly) allveys there. BUT my husband needed it and I had not realized it. So same problem again. Big Citty, cable but nothing to plugg the cable in. It took me twenty minutes to find a shop that souled a car charger... NEVER AM I ON THE ROAD AGAIN WITHOUT MY ESSENTIAL CABLES PLUS CAR- AND WALLCHARGER.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 05-08-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    2. size 1 is my first aid cit: plaster, venylgloves, sanetycer for wounds, some essentiels medicaments and a space blancet (one of these foily things with one golden and one silver side).
    I think 'space blancet' was lost in translation. I'm trying to figure out what it is based on its ability to fit in the Size 1 stuff sack...

Edit: Maybe this?
    Name:  heatblanket.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  71.0 KB
    Last edited by kkintea; 05-08-2014 at 11:09 AM.

I'm guessing it's a mylar blanket, as used by runners after a race to avoid the chills.
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

kkintea is right. I think it is a bit over the top but I imagine it to be usefully to have in some kind of emergency.

scribe, I googled yours it seems to be the same think?
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    scribe, I googled yours it seems to be the same think?
    Pretty much - mylar is the brand name for a type of polyethylene film, though it's not always aluminized like in kkintea's example. It's also used to make helium balloons
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:

Dee
    I recently ordered a couple to see if they'd work for me. They promptly got used as knitting bags. Size 1 perfectly fits a sock, size 2 happily fits a cone of yarn. 3 more are on the way now

Does anyone use stuff sacks in their Tristar? I was thinking of ordering a couple in size 3 for the middle compartment (underwear and socks etc) but I wonder whether they might be too thick for the Tristar's compartments. Would size 2 be more useful?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier to retrieve cables and tech gadgets out of an Organizer Pouch, or Organizer Cube? Inside a pouch or organizer cube these cables and such would lay side-to side or front-and-back (for the most part), but inside a Stuff Sack everything goes right on top of each other. Am I right?

@Peruvian
    Not exactly, I tend to fold my cables into sections that are roughly the length of the Stuff Sack, they go into the Stuff Sack side by side, kinda like pencils in a cup, so they're not right of top of each other. Pretty easy to retrieve. I don't keep my blocky or boxy stuff in Stuff Sacks though.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0