Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: What's in your stuff sack?

Great thread! I was kind of lost on ideas for the number three and you helped me a lot!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Do yarn stuff sacks count? All of mine are YSS, as I started my Tom Bihn addiction via knitting. So, right now I have two knitting projects in YSS - one in a Tall (would be like a size 5 TSS, if they made 5's), and one in a Small YSS (approximately a size 1).

Up until yesterday I also had a guidebook and a notebook in a small/size 1 YSS, to keep them from getting banged up in my backpack. Then my Large Clear OP showed up, so I moved them into that.

I also have a size 1 that holds post-workout toiletries. The drawstring is handy for hanging it up, away from nasty gym floors.

I think I need another size 3 or 4 for my down jacket in winter... I can never keep track of the flimsy stuff sack that came with the coat! A key strap and nice bright TSS would do me nicely, I think. And I think I'm eventually going to get a couple of size 4 TSS or Tall YSS for the kids to use as lunch sacks... they have Built lunch bags right now, but those get to be so nasty with spills and all, they never really come clean. I think Dyneema will be a nice, stuffable, wipeable alternative.

Loving all the ideas here! ilkyway, I might need to copy your emergency kit idea. I have various emergency stashes, but a nice, highly visible Iberian kit to corral everything would be quite the refinement.
    Last edited by haraya; 05-14-2014 at 08:55 PM.

I'm enjoying everyone's replies. I have only one stuff sack, a large knitting one as well. I use it for underwear and socks. I'm thinking of stocking up on a size of each travel stuff sack now that I've seen everyone's great ideas! What better time to get them than before the price increase? Now the quandry is color! What do you think, one of each? ha ha . . .
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

You might want to consider the colors of the interior of your bags. Matching colours are hard to see. That can be bad and good but should be thought about. And if you want to attach them with long Keystraps you might want to mach thous too. If I am right they are available in solar, Wasabi and the purple dyneema (just can't remember the right name and typing on my phone).
    Ilkyway

Quote Originally Posted by dwright17 View Post
    I'm enjoying everyone's replies. I have only one stuff sack, a large knitting one as well. I use it for underwear and socks. I'm thinking of stocking up on a size of each travel stuff sack now that I've seen everyone's great ideas! What better time to get them than before the price increase? Now the quandry is color! What do you think, one of each? ha ha . . .
    One of each let's you color code your contents...just sayin.....
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I can always count on forum members for a bit of enabling! Good timing since I'll be in Seattle next week!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

@dwright17 Your colour choices in the smaller sizes may be restricted - on the website, there are no TSSs available to order in either iberian or ultraviolet for sizes 1-3
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Thanks for the heads-up, scribe! My Aeronaut is nordic/steel, and I've been using wasabi as the accessory color. I was debating whether to stick with the nordic/steel/wasabi theme, or color code as suggested. I have some time before my next big trip in September, and fortunately get to Seattle every couple of months, so I have time to decide.
    eWalker likes this.

The small stuff sack will fit exactly five apricots inside. If you don't want to take a chance on letting said apricots make contact with an iPad, notebook, wallet, or other items that also live inside the larger commuting bag.

Name:  apricot2.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  42.5 KB
    Last edited by bchaplin; 05-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I carry a spindle in my #1 too. My sock project goes in a #4. I also use a small YSS for spindle projects.

Nice collection of spindles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Size 1 - protein bars (and sometimes ziplock bag of almonds)
    Size 1 - make up
    Size 1 - thin pashmina style wrap (to keep warm on the plane)
    Size 2 - pj's
    Size 2/3 - undies and socks (as mentioned above)
    Size 2 - laptop charger if I want to "contain" it
    Size 4 - dirty clothes of all types

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    Size 1 - thin pashmina style wrap (to keep warm on the plane)
    I do this too... I get cold in air-conditioned buildings. A huge cashmere wrap fits nicely into a Size 1 SS.

Name:  IMG_4284.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  375.7 KBName:  IMG_4285.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  400.0 KBName:  IMG_4286.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  305.8 KB
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0