Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: What's in your stuff sack?

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    @Peruvian
    Not exactly, I tend to fold my cables into sections that are roughly the length of the Stuff Sack, they go into the Stuff Sack side by side, kinda like pencils in a cup, so they're not right of top of each other. Pretty easy to retrieve. I don't keep my blocky or boxy stuff in Stuff Sacks though.
    Very smart! That's what I kept wondering about the stuff sacks, but you have answered my question (concern, really).

Thank you!
    eWalker likes this.

I've got a pair of Size 4s for my gortex rain jacket and fleece.

I use #2 or #3 for my lunch bag.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier to retrieve cables and tech gadgets out of an Organizer Pouch, or Organizer Cube? Inside a pouch or organizer cube these cables and such would lay side-to side or front-and-back (for the most part), but inside a Stuff Sack everything goes right on top of each other. Am I right?
    I've used a 3D clear org cube. That works well also. But no, in the TSS my things are all standing on end, so not on top of each other, and easy to retrieve. I found that this is the Goldilocks option for my collection of stuff - the small OP is too small, the org cube is a little big, the size 1 TSS is just right.

I use a #1 or #2 size Stuff Sack as an organizer in my SCB. It holds notepad, Chapstick, checkbook, all those small odds and ends. I like it over an organizer pouch because it's open at the top and easily accessible. Below is a picture of the #2 SS.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  148.6 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  670.2 KB

So here's my list, used when on vacation:

#1 stuff sacks
    Picaradin or Deet wipes and spray; bug bite treatment; blister treatment

Sunblock; lip block; sun hat (crushable)

#2 stuff sack
    Extra camera battery; memory cards; lens cleaner; battery charger

#3 stuff sacks
    Binoculars harness; extra double carabiners;
    2-16" key straps

Rain/wind jacket

Nano puff jacket

# 4 stuff sack

Dirty laundry

These are all "stuffed" in my S25 along with water, binoculars, and camera, wallet, wipies, etc.
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier to retrieve cables and tech gadgets out of an Organizer Pouch, or Organizer Cube? Inside a pouch or organizer cube these cables and such would lay side-to side or front-and-back (for the most part), but inside a Stuff Sack everything goes right on top of each other. Am I right?
    For me, the organiser cube is too big, and the pouches too flat - a UK plug is a lumpy triangular thing, and the stuff sack squishes into shape around it so that the whole lot takes up no more space than is absolutely necessary.

Name:  mHk0bXQU4j4FE6KIL2dBR2g.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  3.7 KB
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Great point @scribe thank you!
    eWalker likes this.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    I have 3 small yarn stuff sacks; I have used them inside my Little Swifts and Small Cafe Bag for organization, to store underclothes & socks when traveling, and as a geocaching bag hanging from the shoulder strap of my Synapse 19. One of my kids once used one as a bucket to rescue some baby salmon that had been trapped in a puddle of water at the side of a river....
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D All-Fabric Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

I use my medium stuff sack for the gym...I use it for a towel, keys, gym card and phone. I can easily hang it up on some machines too if they dont have a tray.

vivelly I take it you are talking about a medium yarn stuff sack? What a good Idea.

Name:  Spindle.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  29.4 KB
    I generally have a spindle in mine

Name:  Spindles.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  32.5 KB
    Or one of these

Name:  Oliver.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  24.6 KB
    I'd stuff Oliver in one but he wiggles too much even when napping. He has such a hard life.
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 05-11-2014 at 06:07 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I use my #3 Stuff Sack at the Gym. It's the perfect size to carry my towel, keys, cell phone, water bottle and Bluetooth headphones. The Iberian color is easy to keep an eye on if I'm working with my trainer, and the dyneema scrunches down in the cubby holes of the cardio equipment when all the 'stuff' is out and in use. My cell phone pulls double duty with the Fitbit Flex ap to track steps/miles/calorie burn and play my Amazon MP3s. I love the Stuff Sack for this use; it's so versatile, easy to clean and has the cinch lock.

Name:  bihn gym TSS3.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  115.3 KB
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Yes Ilkyway. Its perfect...I once posted a pic that was very similar to Rhofros. And you can hang the bag up on handles etc...

Moose ..you are a spinner! So am I ...I use the stuff sacks a lot for loose fibre, yarn balls, knitting projects etc...only my handspindles I dont put in because I spin with support spindles and they have a sharp point at the end..I dont want to pierce the bag....
    backpack and Moose like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0