Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Brain Bag and accessories

Awesome @moriond!! Apparently I just didn't look hard enough. With no solar or wasabi(my favorite) linings, I'm tempted to just order the bag now. Ugh! So many choices! Do you perhaps have any experience with the parapack fabric compared to the current lining of the brain bag? I understand the need for a price increase, but personally I'm having trouble justifying that to myself. Would I notice any differences in the two bags? New vs. current. Thanks for your help! It really means a lot to me.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbySmurf View Post
    Awesome @moriond!! Apparently I just didn't look hard enough. With no solar or wasabi(my favorite) linings, I'm tempted to just order the bag now. Ugh! So many choices! Do you perhaps have any experience with the parapack fabric compared to the current lining of the brain bag? I understand the need for a price increase, but personally I'm having trouble justifying that to myself. Would I notice any differences in the two bags? New vs. current. Thanks for your help! It really means a lot to me.
    I think that they are already currently using Steel Parapack for the currently manufactured Brain Bag interiors. At least, I believe that's what I read in @maverick's posts. You might want to look at Trying a Brain Bag in Washington DC. and then looking through the posts that @feijai (the person who tried and then bought a Brain Bag) posted, like Accessories which can use annex clips inside a Brain Bag. Or just ask other forum members who have recently purchased for the current status of these bags and their interiors -- whether they really are all using Steel Parapack now.

HTH. moriond

Thanks again! It appears that the only difference besides more o-rings will be all colors are made with 1000d cordura exterior. The interior and bottom will remain the same. So for me, looks like I will be ordering a navy brain bag tomorrow! Woohoo!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think that they are already currently using Steel Parapack for the currently manufactured Brain Bag interiors. At least, I believe that's what I read in @maverick's posts.
    Indeed, my black parapack Brain Bag has a steel parapack lining.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2