Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Co-pilot internal dimensions

Point me there if it's on their site, but I couldn't find it: I'm looking for the internal dimensions of the co-pilot to see if one of my unlisted laptops will fit. It measure 11.5 x 7.5". It looks like it will fit, but it depends on padding, etc. It's a Dell Venue 11 Pro with the typing keyboard, so about the size of an MS Surface.

Thanks, all!

Bryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just found a YouTube video of letter size paper in this bag, so I think I'm good to go! Sorry for the unnecessary post.

It appears that the venue with keyboard is approximately the sme size as the 11" MBA. See this thread on the fit.
    ~Adam
    ~~~~~~~~
    Bags: Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Super Ego, Buzz, Brain Cell Size 4Z & 6X, {Small Cafe & Synapse - Controlled by Wife!}
    Accessories: Backpack packing cubes (aeronaut, tri-star), Various Packing Cubes, Passport Pouch, Absolute Straps, QAM, Various Other Pouches, Freudian Slip

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adamki View Post
    It appears that the venue with keyboard is approximately the sme size as the 11" MBA. See this thread on the fit.
    A web search for the Dell Venue 11 Pro dimensions appears to give 280 x 177 x 10.0 mm
    11" MacBook Air dimensions: 300 x 192 x 17 mm

Since people have reported fitting in the longer 11" MacBook Air in a Cache into the Co-Pilot, this seems good to go.

And yes, you can read more about the limits on carrying letter size paper and A4 paper in the thread, a video demonstrating that you can carry letter size paper in the co-pilot, which contains both the video that @maverick produced, and the forum discussions. The problem most people have is with standard letter size file folders getting dog-eared.

moriond

ETA: You can also read the recent thread, Need help with Co-Pilot & paper documents to see the questions that crop up about carrying letter size paper in the Co-Pilot.
    Last edited by moriond; 05-04-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Added link to thread about carrying paper documents

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0