Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Small Cafe Bag for a 5 year old girl?

How do I insert a picture to a forum entry that I took with Ipad?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    How do I insert a picture to a forum entry that I took with Ipad?
    On your iPad, click??? Touch?? The picture frame icon above the text window>choose file>from computer. Select image you want from camera roll, press "upload file(s)". Should be the same as a computer, but it's actually been a while since I have posted from anything BUT an iPad...

Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if you can still attach the Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap even if the plastic pad is removed? I thought I read that it somehow wrapped around the plastic bit. Wondering if it would slide around too much if removed. Not the end of the world though in order to get the strap the right length though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    The plastic pad on my SCB is down near the bag (must get around to cutting it off), the u/s wrap stays put just fine. I don't imagine the wrap would fit around the plastic pad .. It's one or the other.

I have cut the plastic pad off my MCB - hurts my soul to cut into anything TB but it had to go - sadly the strap on the MCB is one of the stiff ones, which I dislike so I'm going to have to mod the bag even further when I find a bag fixer I trust.
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    I cut off the shoulder pad slidy thing off of my SCB because it was more irritating than anything for me. With that gone, the strap can be adjusted as far as one needs.
    Does not work for me. The optimal length of the strap for me means the buckle sits on top of my shoulder .

@Perseffect, if I can only buy 1 bag, I will buy the MCB. Children grow fast, so even if it a bit big, it will not be so for long.

I like @kkintea's thinking .

Seriously, my niece loves her LS. And her mother gets to borrow it sometimes

Her older sister, on the other hand, loves her azalea/sapphire SCB and UV small shop bag. She uses both for school - her personal stuff in the SCB, her books, etc. in the shop bag. I asked her if she would like a Swift. She did not - she said she prefers the light weight of the shop bag. She did ask for a pair of the small and large nordic shop bags, if she delivers on grades, etc this year. She liked the structure and color of my nordic shops bags when she saw them.
    Last edited by Walker; 05-03-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I am way under 5 feet. The strap of the cafe bags are too long for me - I can only wear my CB's cross body only, adjusted with the buckle touching the shoulder pad. Strap is adjustable on one side only. I have been asking TB to make the strap adjustable on both sides. The answer is an offer to cut the strap shorter for me. I do not want to go that route because it will make the bags difficult to re-home when the time comes. So I will keep bugging TB, and taking this opportunity to do so.
    I'm 6'5" and I have the opposite problem. The stock shoulder strap on my Ristretto is way too short. I've had to rig up an extender using a couple of carabiners and a length of webbing.

You probably have gotten enough answers, but here is my at the time 4 year old (now 6 year old) modeling her new MCB. It holds a full sized magazine/coloring book/paper, along with plenty of room for the other goodies you mention. My daughter is very petite. She could manage her bag, and still uses it. This weekend she took it to her grandparents for a sleepover and used it to carry her netbook. I feel like you cannot go wrong with TB for kids because it won't wear out before they outgrow it!

Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Here's our 5 yro grandson with an MCB.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

oh, and I forgot to mention how the straps are set on Zuri's MCB. I take the plastic simple strap wrap off of my cafe bags because I prefer the Ultrasuede Strap Wrap. I slid the retainer as far as it would go to tighten the strap to it's shortest length. Then I found the center of the strap. The slider is close to the center at this point. I cover the center and slider with the USSW, stretching it carefully to cover the velcro and press it closed. The result is a pad at the top of the shortest strap length and the plastic slider doesn't bite into the shoulder flesh.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    You probably have gotten enough answers, but here is my at the time 4 year old (now 6 year old) modeling her new MCB. It holds a full sized magazine/coloring book/paper, along with plenty of room for the other goodies you mention. My daughter is very petite. She could manage her bag, and still uses it. This weekend she took it to her grandparents for a sleepover and used it to carry her netbook. I feel like you cannot go wrong with TB for kids because it won't wear out before they outgrow it!

Thanks so much for sharing this photo. You won't believe it but this is the photo that I first saw on Flickr which started it all off. I saw this and loved the colour which I know will suit her perfectly. Great mod to the bag. Fantastic.

Thanks Monkeylady, this gives a great sense of the size/scale of the MCB. I appreciate it, it really helps with my thinking.

Perseffect, I'm glad the picture was able to help. I'm a visual learner, almost to a fault. I have difficulty with certain audible, and abstract ideas until I can sort the information into context. Otherwise it almost feels like noise. Sometimes it's hard for me to figure out sizing, or the color combinations for the TB bags. I often turn to Flickr, to find clarification. I hope your little one loves her new bag as much as my Z loves hers!

Volunteer Moderator
    With the Small Cafe Bag at 4 years and 8 months -

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post

I love this picture, dorayme! Super cute!
    -m

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and ideas. I've realised a slight flaw in my original listing which, with your ideas, has helped me come to a decision.

My mistake was to mix up every day carry and special trips. My original carry list was picturing short haul or car journeys. Actually on reflection she just needs something for everyday carry stuff like a water bottle and small bits and pieces.

I'm going with the small cafe bag as it will best fit her size and we will learn together how to carry less day to day. On trips I'll add some of her stuff to my bag. I'm also going to cut the plastic strap grip as suggested to allow a shorter strap and add the ultrasuede cover.

When she gets bigger I'll definitely conciser the medium cafe bag or little swift. Gives me an excuse to put a future order in and perhaps something new for me too.

I'm ordering today but as we live in the UK, I batch order items to make it cost effective. With some other items in the order on backorder, we should get it all sometime in June. I'll take a photo of her with it then and share here.

Thanks again to everyone's input.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0