Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Has anyone had issues with the zippers on the double organizer pouch?

For those who are having zipper issues have you tried zipper lube or zipper ease?
    There r a bunch of products out when u google those terms.

Adding to what Trailhiker said above,
    mine had the raspy sound on closing too, and I decided to seek help from the 2 smartest people I know.
    "Mum? Dad?"
    Dad used a white candle and rubbed it against the teeth of the zippers.
    Result?
    Raspy sound is still there but reduced significantly.
    It's worth a try for those having the issue, and wouldn't hurt the Double Organizer Pouch anyway.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Hi, Darcy,

Will there be an update soon?
    Thank you.
    Soon, I hope! We're still trying to find if there's something going on here. The feel of zippers does definitely vary slightly -- I mean, in my experience, you really have to look for/feel for any real difference -- from zipper to zipper, but that's about the natural (as natural as a synthetic product like a zipper can be ) variation in stuff like zipper teeth. And, we're using the same zippers we always have and are sewing them in the same way we always have. So, signs point to likely no issue, but we just want to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    For those who are having zipper issues have you tried zipper lube or zipper ease?
    There r a bunch of products out when u google those terms.
    I wouldn't recommend this -- it shouldn't be necessary. We think the zippers are opening and shutting just fine. I could get a zipper to make a slightly bigger noise when I opened it sometimes, but found I had to work at that the subsequent times to really make it make the same noise again.
    Last edited by Darcy; 05-07-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    yohopee likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

OK, thank you for looking at it.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Amy
    My small and medium double organizer pouches also have a "drag" and loud/raspy sound upon closing. It almost feels like the teeth are backwards or something-- I've never seen a zipper sound or feel like that when closing only 1 direction. I didn't return mine because I still like both pouches and find them useful, but it isn't a smooth experience, and I usually have to hold one end of the pouch to work it shut.

Hi, just to add...my small double organizer and mini OP zippers also make a strange sound when closing them.
    moriond likes this.

Yep, reporting the same with my new Cocoa/Navy SCB. The zippers close with some resistance and a somewhat... grudging noise. It has the new gunmetal zipper, but my Plum/Wasabi SCB which also has the new zipper closes "normally". Strange.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0