Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By Grandcache

Thread: Will it fit

Question Will it fit

2 pairs jeans (ladies size 6)
    2 short sleeve T-shirts
    1 light windbreaker
    2 pair panties
    2 pair socks
    1 3-D organizer cube with toiletries

Looking for a bag for quick weekend getaways. Will all this fit in Copilot?
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

I'm pretty sure you'd find it pretty tough to get all that in a CP. I think it's the jeans that put it over the limit for me. If you wear one pair and the windbreaker you might be ok though.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Agree with Moose, two pairs might be overkill. One pair and two t-shirts could fit in the main compartment, 3D cube and undies in one side pocket, windbreaker in middle pocket (maybe, depends on size and thickness), which will leave you with one side pocket for phone/wallet/keys, etc. I can't remember where I saw it, but I recall someone talking about ultra minimalist travel with just a co-pilot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh well! What I really want is a black/Iberian WF. I keep hoping that some one will want to re-home one to make room for the Aeronaut 30.

Volunteer Moderator
    I agree with everyone else: you might be able to do this if you these were two pairs of pants in cotton twill instead of jeans, or one pair of jeans, but the jeans are bulky and heavy. Think of this another way: you have a Little Swift, with a volume of 8.2 liters. The Volume a Co-Pilot can hold is 10 liters. If you try to pack up your clothes and other items into your Little Swift, how far off is this from being able to what you want to carry? Could you do it if your LS were just 20% bigger? The dimensions are not that different:
    Co-Pilot: 12" x 10" x 5"
    Little Swift: 11" x 9.5"x 6"

HTH. moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I agree with everyone else: you might be able to do this if you these were two pairs of pants in cotton twill instead of jeans, or one pair of jeans, but the jeans are bulky and heavy. Think of this another way: you have a Little Swift, with a volume of 8.2 liters. The Volume a Co-Pilot can hold is 10 liters. If you try to pack up your clothes and other items into your Little Swift, how far off is this from being able to what you want to carry? Could you do it if your LS were just 20% bigger? The dimensions are not that different:
    Co-Pilot: 12" x 10" x 5"
    Little Swift: 11" x 9.5"x 6"

HTH. moriond
    Hmmm...all fits in Little Swift!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Hmmm...all fits in Little Swift!
    Sounds like a good solution to me! Make that (i.e. the Little Swift) one of your weekend bags. I use my Little swift a lot! (I think this really does depend on how thick the denim is. I don't wear jeans, so I can't do a test pack for you. And I don't see that you have a Western Flyer or I would tell you to try putting the clothes into the Small Western Flyer Packing Cube. See my picture at thee end of the Packing Cubes for Co-Pilot thread. I don't personally use the Co-Pilot a lot, but I use my Little Swift all the time!

moriond

Packing cubes help a lot! I got the following into one side of my WF on my last weekend trip:

* Pair of lightweight shoes (Vivo Barefoot Mary Janes)
    * Pashmina

Medium Tri-Star packing cube containing:
    * 1 pair brushed cotton jeans
    * 2 t-shirts
    * 2 silk shirts
    * 2 camisoles

Large stuff sack containing:
    * 1 pair lightweight pyjamas
    * 2 underpants
    * 2 pairs socks

(The other side of my WF held toiletries, makeup, my iPad and chargers, and a small EDC about the size of a SE)
    Last edited by scribe; 04-30-2014 at 11:29 PM.
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Moriond--Thank you for the inspiration. I am going to try moving my underused LS up in priority for some travel time...:-)
    moriond likes this.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

2 pairs jeans (ladies size 6)
    2 short sleeve T-shirts
    1 light windbreaker
    2 pair panties
    2 pair socks
    1 3-D organizer cube with toiletries

Looking for a bag for quick weekend getaways. Will all this fit in Copilot?
    So....my fellow "Bihnions" (thanks @leena; I LOVE this name!)....

Using my swifts is not an option. I need the bag to be able to take abuse be shoved and crammed into boats, RVs, truck beds, motorcycle bags, etc. Not willing to put my cork through this type of abuse. Would all these items fit in an Ego? Or Super Ego?

I see the Ego and Super Ego are available in the ballistic nylon that I prefer... and I have an absolute shoulder strap hanging around unused
    Last edited by Melissa; 05-09-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Easy-peasy, I would think - I could fit that lot into my Western Flyer with room to spare, and the Super Ego is slightly larger at 27 litres to the WF's 26. I would think even the Ego would be plenty big enough.

(I recently packed one pair of cotton jeans, 2 shirts, 2 t-shirts, 2 camisoles, a pair of shoes, 2 days' undies, PJs, two clear 3d cubes and a makeup purse into 3/4 of my WF.)
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    So....my fellow "Bihnions" (thanks @leena; I LOVE this name!)....

Using my swifts is not an option. I need the bag to be able to take abuse be shoved and crammed into boats, RVs, truck beds, motorcycle bags, etc. Not willing to put my cork through this type of abuse. Would all these items fit in an Ego? Or Super Ego?

I see the Ego and Super Ego are available in the ballistic nylon that I prefer... and I have an absolute shoulder strap hanging around unused
    Sure these would fit. You could also use an ID Bag. And I can see why you don't want to use your Cork LS this way, But I would keep thinking that for the price of an Ego I could buy two Swifts or Little Swifts, or apply this to the purchase of that Western Flyer that you want. Also, I don't know that you can't fit everything into a Co-Pilot. I can fit in a lot of clothes, and I think I'm about your size, but I don't wear jeans, so I can't estimate how bulky they would be in the Co-Pilot. If these were cotton weight I'd say absolutely you could fit everything into the Co-Pilot. If you had Western Flyer Small Packing Cube I'd tell you to try packing your Clothes minus the windbreaker into it -- Western Flyer Small
    TB0955/TB0956 11.7" / 298mm 8.6" / 218mm 3" / 75mm 3 oz / 85gr

This is smaller than the back compartment of the Co-Pilot, but is what I use as the main packing cube for clothes. Small items like socks and underwear, can also easily be packed into the Co-Pilot side pockets.

Volunteer Moderator
    Did one of the mods close this thread? I didn't, bit just saw this come up as closed. I agree the thread subject could have been better chosen -- lime Will this fit in a Co-Pilot

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0