Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By terayon
  • 4 Post By maverick
  • 1 Post By flaneuse

Thread: How to carry six passports?

How to carry six passports?

I am finalizing the packing for our three week family safari. I need something to carry our passports and our essential travel docs, which are 8x11. I will be carrying a Synapse 25 and would like to clip my passports to the S25 and maybe the essential documents, too. Is there anything that can hold the six passports or do I need two pouches? Second question, what do you all suggest for the larger travel docs?

8x11 documents folded in half fit nicely in a medium organizer pouch, which should also be able to hold six passports.

I have a TB passport pouch, but I find it inconvenient to use. So I only use it for storing my passport. When going through airports, I carry my passport, boarding passes (folded), a pen, a small notebook, prescription eyeglasses in its case and my phone in a side effect. The side effect goes into my personal bag (usually a Co-Pilot or a large shop bag with Co-Pilot inside). Prior to getting the SE, I carried my passport, pen and boarding passes in a medium OP. All other travel documents that I do not need at the airport go into a large clear OP, which I put away in my main bag.

I personally do not like tight fit, so if I were to carry 6 passports and boarding passes for 6 people, I would probably just use a PCSB to carry the lot. It maybe overkill, but easier to fish for items. Boarding passes for each person can be inserted into their passports. Other travel docs not needed for that leg of the trip can be kept in the outside pocket. Or in an envelope carried inside the PCSB.

Best of luck on your trip!

Volunteer Moderator
    I would love to see a clear organizer wallet design sized that is sized to accommodate letter size or A4 size paper folded in thirds. It would also hold your boarding passes, as well as your passports.

It would be lovely if the ultrasuede divider adjacent to the clear urethane "front" had organizer pockets sewn in - one to hold a stack of cards, and one to hold passports.

I agree that from the currently available designs, the medium organizer pouch is the way to go.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but please print two copies of your essential travel documents; and make photocopies of the identification pages of your passport. Place the second set of essential travel documents + passport photocopies in a separate location from the originals. It's also a good idea to create a PDF of the aforementioned backup set - encrypt it, and provide it to your emergency contact. Perhaps store it someplace where you can securely access it via the Internet.

Have a wonderful time - your trip sounds absolutely delightful!

Thanks for the advice and suggestions. Yes, Maverick, you are right about backing up the essential documents. I like the PDF idea, also, and will definitely try that.

We load our documents on flash drive as well and take with.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Yup, medium organizer pouch.

Large is too big and unwieldy, unless you are carrying hundreds of sheets of paper. I wish the Large size was just big enough for max 20 sheets of paper. Somehow the extra few inches in length and width make it not work for me in a backpack (but if you are carrying a briefcase style bag, then it might work for you).

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I really like using the CLEAR medium pouch. For those early morning, bleary eyed departures, it's nice to be able to pull the pouch out of my bag and for the 29th time verify my flight number, without having to unzip/take anything out of the pouch.

No good suggestion for the passports. 3 is the max that will fit in the passport pouch, and then it's a tight fit so unwieldy to take them in and out. Same with the small pouch, although it's a bit easier to get them in and out. I usually carry 3-5 passports + immunization record + int'l driver's license and I do not have an elegant solution.

I used the Side Effect to carry 4 passports/phone/wallet as we went through ticketing/tsa/boarding/customs. I keep all the travel docs in a plastic paper protector and put that in a large dyneema organizer pouch. I was able to clip a keystrap to it and then clip it into the backpack strap pocket of my aeronaut. It worked great.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0