Damaged New Smart Alec :(

Hi people-of-Tom-Bihn!

I've recently purchased the Tom Bihn bags of my dreams after a (really) long period of deliberation and was super delighted to receive them. However, after a few days of use, I realized a few defects/ damage. Could you guys tell me if it's repairable, and if so, how?

1. There's a patch on the exterior of my Smart Alec where the ballistic nylon is obviously damaged- it has no sheen and is a shade lighter than the rest of the material.

2. The seams on my bag straps seem to be coming undone- there is fraying.

I've only very lightly and carefully used my Smart Alec and am devastated that it's already showing signs of damage... :(

Have you contacted customer service?
    It's the weekend and you might not get a reply till Monday or Tuesday if they're swamped, but they'll be more than happy to help.
    They'll be able to get a better idea of what happened if you can send photos of the damage/defect and perhaps a more detailed description of how you've used the bag so far, like what you placed in them, and where you took your bags.

Yup, contact CS. Here is a link to the snippet on the FAQ about damaged bags
    TOM BIHN: FAQs

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yikes, that definitely sounds weird/wrong/suss… if you could, please send photos to emailus@tombihn.com (you can 'cc me: darcy@tombihn.com) as we'd definitely like to see exactly what's going on here.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes