Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By monkeylady
  • 1 Post By taminca

Thread: Does your Co-Pilot Squeak?

Does your Co-Pilot Squeak?

I recently bought a used Co-Pilot on eBay and have noticed that it makes a squeaking noise as I walk. This does not happen when I switch to my Nordic Pilot, so it is not my clothing or shoes.

It is a Black Ballistic/Wasabi Co-Pilot with the old zipper style and "Portable Culture" logo (love that!), which I carry cross-body using an OP/TECH mini-Absolute strap. Have yet to track down the source of the squeak. Maybe it's because of the non-TB strap (although I use the same strap with my Pilot without any squeaking)? Or because I do not fill the bag to capacity and there is lots of space for movement?

Wondering if anyone else has a squeaking Co-Pilot... And if so, what you did about it.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I have a newer ballistic co-pilot and I haven't noticed any squeaking. Have you tried it with the standard strap?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I recently bought a used Co-Pilot on eBay and have noticed that it makes a squeaking noise as I walk. This does not happen when I switch to my Nordic Pilot, so it is not my clothing or shoes.

It is a Black Ballistic/Wasabi Co-Pilot with the old zipper style
    I picked up a Co-Pilot with the old zipper style from eBay, too -- mine is Black Ballistic/Iberian -- but haven't noticed any kind of squeaking noise coming from it (or my Pilot, for that matter).

Good luck figuring it out.
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Steel Ballistic: Western Flyer (w/Iberian), Pilot (w/UV)
    Black Dyneema: Tri-Star (w/Iberian), Aeronaut30 (w/Iberian), Synapse25 (w/Wasabi), Pilot (w/Wasabi)

i bet if you switch out the shoulder strap, it would stop. it has to be the plastic on plastic hook connection not being happy.

or you could apply some grease. (just kidding)

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but mine honks, tweets, and sings the theme song to Harry Potter movies.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but mine honks, tweets, and sings the theme song to Harry Potter movies.
    Alas, I have not been able to make out any particular tune from my bag's squeaking.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0