Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dephyingra

Thread: AERONAUT for large gentleman

AERONAUT for large gentleman

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I've scoured the boards and haven't found an answer to this one yet.

I'm 6'5 and very stocky which means it's a bitch finding bags that aren't too small or just feel like they're cutting off circulation. I've found for other specialty bag brands (like timbuk2) i just can't use their back packs.

I was wondering if anyone had insight into whether or not I'd be OK with the aeronaut? It looks like a great bag and i'd love to finally have quality carry on luggage.

Thanks!!

There have been many posts over the years from stocky gentlemen using the Aeronaut, you will be greatly pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear74 View Post
    Apologies if this has already been answered, but I've scoured the boards and haven't found an answer to this one yet.

I'm 6'5 and very stocky which means it's a bitch finding bags that aren't too small or just feel like they're cutting off circulation. I've found for other specialty bag brands (like timbuk2) i just can't use their back packs.

I was wondering if anyone had insight into whether or not I'd be OK with the aeronaut? It looks like a great bag and i'd love to finally have quality carry on luggage.

Thanks!!
    I suggest trying it. I am 6'7" ~300 and wear it better than any other pack. It replaced my Osprey Porter 46 as it is more comfortable and better looking.

Jerry
    moriond likes this.

Definitely give the Aeronaut a go. Worst case, you can always try it and if it doesn't work, return it. I'm 6'2" with a 48" chest, 40" waist and weigh nearly 250lb - so, hefty, rather than very big. My Aeronaut comfortably copes with a working week of business casual, plus laptop and other impedimenta, and is very comfortable to tote around either using the Absolute strap or using the built-in backpack straps if I need both hands free (e.g. navigating the London Underground). The backpack straps have a decent range of adjustment and aren't anywhere near full extension when I'm using them.
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Another yes vote, I'm 6'3" and around 240 and I find the aeronaut very comfortable in backpack mode. Before the aeronaut I had the Timbuk2 wingman and found the backpack straps unbearably uncomfortable between the shoulder blades unless slung over only one shoulder defeating the purpose of having backpack straps.

As far as quality carryon luggage you can't beat the aeronaut!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0