Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By davidh

Thread: Synapse 25 water bottle pocket -- what fits?

Synapse 25 water bottle pocket -- what fits?

Hi - I have a Synapse 25 on backorder. I am wondering what size of water bottle fits into the Synapse 25 water bottle pocket. In particular, I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the following Kleen Kanteen models would fit well:

a. 27 oz Kleen Kanteen classic 9.25" H x 3.5" W
    b. 20 oz Kleen Kanteen insulated 8.75" H x 2.9375" W
    c. 16 oz Kleen Kanteen insulated 7.25" H x 2.9375" W

thanks - David

Hi David,

d. all of the above

I have a S25 (Nordic/Solar) and have put all of the above (not at the same time, of course!) in my bag.

They should all fit very comfortably. I carry a 21 oz Hydroflask, which measures 10.56" with the cap on. Anything taller than that would be a squeeze, but as is it's perfect. Your Kleen Kanteens are a bit wider, but the synapse 25 should handle that pretty easily.

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi David,

Welcome to the forums. I think that any of the Kleen Kanteen models you list will fit into the Synpase 25 water bottle pocket based on this response from someone who carrries a 40oz Kleen Kanteen in this bag:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H View Post
    I just got mine today and it's pretty great. I'm moving from a SE, though usually it wasn't holding more than my size 4 Braincell and some odds and ends, so this is a great fit for me. As an aside, the Synapse 25 holds the size 4 + the 4Z Cache at the same time in the main compartment just fine (with my 40oz kleen kanteen in the waterbottle pocket), to give you an idea of the size of that compartment. Also, thanks I presume to the Dynema lining of the Synapse vs the Cordura lining in my SE, the bag itself is much lighter in comparison.
    You might want to look at this thread discussing water bottles for the Synapse 19 -- which will tell you that the 27 oz Kleen Kanteen will also fit into the water bottle pocket of the Synapse 19 in case you get other sized bags and want to transfer contents to that bag.

I know that @Badger (a moderator) uses the Kleen Kanteens with her Synapse(s) including the 27 oz Kleen Kanteen. She can probably also comment on the largest size in that miodel that you can comfortably carry in a side pocket.

HTH.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 04-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Hey davidh,
    I was able to get my 12 oz insulated and 18 oz normal KKs into the side pockets of the S25. I imagine that your 16 oz insulated would fit but I have doubts about anything bigger.

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had no problem with fitting both my previous water bottle, a 18 oz Thermos (9.5" x 2.5"), and my current water bottle, a 20 oz Contigo (9.5" x 3.3"). You should be just fine!

Also, on my last trip, since my water bottle was in my (sadly not yet replaced by a Tom Bihn product) purse, I fit a pair of (women's size 7) flats AND a portable speaker (UE miniboom, in a size 1 stuff sack) in the water bottle pocket, with room to spare.

I too have all of these kleen kanteens mentioned and use them frequently with my S25.
    The problem is not wether they fit but to decided which one to bring ;-)
    Ilkywa

@mjpinter, @Tachiyaku, @moriond, @Badjer, @ClaireJ, @Ilkyway -- thanks for the helpful information! I now know I am all set and won't be hunting for new water bottles when my Synapse 25 arrives!
    thanks - davidh

Thanks for all the helpful responses!
    Based on what I heard, I ended up getting a 16 oz Klean Kanteen Insulated bottle with the loop cap (no leak seal) -- it fits great in the pocket, and there's plenty of room for an additional "cafe cap" so I have a lid for drinking. My bag was on backorder and came about 3 weeks ago -- since then the bag with the klean kanteen addition has been fantastic.
    Thanks again.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0