Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Choices, choices.

Janine, I feel your agony. Truly. In total (so far), FOUR Aeronauts in different colors and fabrics have made their way to my house. It is a good thing I live in Northern California and TB has a generous return policy! BTW, I have finally, agonizingly, and firmly (no more looking at the Aeronaut page!) decided on a Nordic/Solar as the keeper!
    kkintea likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Me too! I guess that's why I was especially excited yesterday to see a sample of the new smaller Aeronaut in Steel/Ultraviolet. Looks amazing. Hoping I'll be able to show you guys in early May…
    Aubergine/UV and Steel/UV are my very favorite pairs in Ballistic, they are in long term wish list or short term one, if they are ever offered in a Little Swift or Swift.

I have floppy first generation Cordura Swifts, which are wonderful to pack inside a Travel Bag and of course as yarn and needlework (knitting, crochet, canvas and embroidery work) color coded stash organizing.

I did not notice the floppyness of the first generation Cordura Swifts until I emptied one for thorough cleaning and could compare it with my new next generation Nordic Dyneema Swift.

The next generation with Black Ballistic lower support rim is much easier to use as a PLO (purse like object) in occasions when the cute Synapse 19 feels out of place.

The great thing about it is that I can plop the Small Cafe Bag inside and still have a lot of room for other things.

Synapse 19 and SCB are EDC for public transport errands.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-10-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I'd pass on steel ballistic, even though it has a UV interior.
    How can you diss the steel ballistic/UV dyneema combo? It's classy and gorgeous!

(Damn, now you have me second-guessing my planned black/iberian SE in favour of a steel/UV one to match my TriStar...)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    now you have me second-guessing my planned black/iberian SE in favour of a steel/UV one to match my TriStar...)
    I totally ordered the steel ballistic/steel Side Effect yesterday after Darcy announced it. It will match my steel ballistic/steel Little Swift, and fit right in with the steel empire I am building.

Edit: This is SE #4 for me. Nobody here will judge you if you get both black/iberian and steel/UV!
    Last edited by kkintea; 04-10-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    If the mini Aeronaut is a smaller version of the current Aeronaut design, I don't know if it lends itself to more than one color on the exterior.
    Some of us are hoping it'll have the useful tri-star front pockets, like a tri-star duffle.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Edit: This is SE #4 for me. Nobody here will judge you if you get both black/iberian and steel/UV!
    Enabler! *lol*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Maybe end pockets. If it gets too fancy schmancy with the pockets, it's not a duffel like object, no?
    Melissa likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Me too! I guess that's why I was especially excited yesterday to see a sample of the new smaller Aeronaut in Steel/Ultraviolet. Looks amazing. Hoping I'll be able to show you guys in early May…
    Be still my heart! This is really going to happen?OMG! Now that the exclamations are over with, let's get down to business here. Steel dyneema? Please say yes!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I have the steel Dyneema/wasabi Aeronaut that is in the running. What picture would win you over? :-)

OOOOH! Thank you! Any pictures would be much appreciated - whatever is easy!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

How many litres in the smaller aeronaut?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I feel your color dilemma! Navy is my favorite ballistic color; I have a navy/Iberian Copilot that I just love looking at. I have a steel dyneema/UV Synapse 25 that I bought more for the UV interior than the steel exterior. The heavier steel dyneema is a bit darker than the lightweight fabric. My Aeronaut color choice was made for me when I saw a great one on ebay that I couldn't pass up: black ballistic/steel. I call it the Black Hole. I think it's so classy and cool looking. I can get my color fix with accessories, but I actually want a black dyneema PCBP for it. Then its black-holeness would be complete!

I'd pass on steel ballistic, even though it has a UV interior. How about steel dyneema/steel? Then you could get your favorite color PCBP and it would be like a custom color combination. Unless wasabi is your favorite, then just get the steel dyneema/wasabi. Problem solved!! Glad I could help.
    Hahahahaha! "Black hole" and "Problem solved"!

I hadn't considered Steel Dyneema/Steel, but it sure should be on the list. The slight difference between the exterior and interior fabrics might be really cool.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Janine, I feel your agony. Truly. In total (so far), FOUR Aeronauts in different colors and fabrics have made their way to my house. It is a good thing I live in Northern California and TB has a generous return policy! BTW, I have finally, agonizingly, and firmly (no more looking at the Aeronaut page!) decided on a Nordic/Solar as the keeper!
    I knew there were kindred spirits about! :-)

Obviously you love it or you wouldn't have kept the Nordic, but what were the other contenders?

OH MY GOOGLE! OH MY GOOGLE! OH MY GOOGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Enabler! *lol*

Scribe, given the fact that you are overseas, litterally, and that SE colors pairs rotate and disapear at the drop of a hat, getting both makes sense.

It makes even more sense that you could, maybe, one day, swap one of the color with a fellow European for a color that you like even more.

Remember that TB bags are investments.
    scribe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Scribe, given the fact that you are overseas, litterally, and that SE colors pairs rotate and disapear at the drop of a hat, getting both makes sense.
    This is a really good point! Shipping is not a trivial expense for outside the US.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0