Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By terayon

Thread: Clear vs Dyneema/nylon Organizer Pouches

Clear vs Dyneema/nylon Organizer Pouches

I am debating whether I should get clear or Dyneema organizer pouches. Specifically the largest pouch for my clipboard which I use for knitting patterns or homework/documents and the pencil pouch. Obviously being able to see at a glance what's inside is a bonus, but how is the clear material going to hold up over time?

I am assuming Dyneema would win out over the clear, but maybe there's someone out there that has used the heck out of their clear pouches and could vouch for the durability.

And knitters too, please chime in- do knitting needles puncture the clear material very easily? (I'm not going to store knitting tools in the clear pouches that aren't made for knitters, but they will come into contact by virtue of being in the same vicinity inside of my swift.

Clear vs Dyneema/nylon Organizer Pouches

I don't store needles in clear OPs but I have them stuffed in my yarn stuff sacks all the time. Small needles will occasionally go through the Dyneema fabric, though once removed the holes basically seal themselves back up. I have never had a needle go through the clear urethane.

I have a ton of clear pouches. They have held up very well dating back to 2008. I don't keep sharp things in them, though (or I keep the sharp ends protected).

In my experience the bigger issue with urethane is that it is clingy - it doesn't slide against itself well. This is mainly an issue with my CQPC going in and out of my Swift with its big clear pockets. It doesn't bother me much but it is a minor annoyance. There are definitely places where being able to see inside the pouch (eg for notions) far outweighs the annoyance, though for uses where I dot need to see inside (eg my ear buds) I prefer non-clear pouches.

Thanks for weighing in. I have a LOT of knitting needles, and I don't tend to take along individual sets- I have a fabric roll for my DPN's, and I have a smaller baby fabric roll for my tiny sock DPN's and uber pointy Stiletto DPN's. Those can easily be tossed into my Swift. My interchangeable sets also came with nice cases- so I am covered there. I think I'm leaning toward the clear large pouch because I can see the benefit of being able to see my clipboard, and at times would probably leave my pattern in the pouch and just glance at it through the clear cover.

I did just have a thought though- my DPN fabric rolls and my interchangeable needle cases can't be clipped into my swift. Maybe they need pouches? I am definitely going crazy now. In a good way.

I am measuring them now...

I like to keep my interchangeables in a Pendleton case from Knitpicks but my fixed circulars and DPNs go in the CQPC. Works for me but of course to each their own.

Dreamer likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0