Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: New side effect color pairings

New side effect color pairings

I have been waiting for a steel ballistic SE and today it is available for backorder, paired with UV.

@ Crew: might we also see steel ballistic/solar, since the other dyneemas are out of stock? Just checking before I order.

Purple fans: there is also Aubergine/UV!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    moriond likes this.

OMG! This news just did me in again...I told myself..."No more TB until the arrival of the little Aeronaut....but no, I just had to have an aubergine/UV SE....and of course a few other items...pouches...key straps...whatever. I need a 12 step group.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Woah, big change-up with color options! I just ordered the parapack Steel/UV Side Effect (which was listed as backordered until late June) a few days ago - and now that option's gone and the ballistic Steel/UV has appeared. Now I'm wondering if I'd prefer ballistic... probably going to stick with the parapack... I also notice that the Steel Dyneema is no longer available. I'm not a big fan of my Steel Dyneema SE actually, so if anyone wants to trade for it (I'd love a Black/Iberian one!), let me know.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @ Crew: might we also see steel ballistic/solar, since the other dyneemas are out of stock? Just checking before I order.
    OK @kkintea I've got to tease you about this. In the last couple of months you've gone from:
    @backpack: you must be my long-lost TB twin! I couldn't agree more on this Black vs. Steel comment. I also have a lot of UV accessories... that work great with Steel lining... and a shared dislike of the blinding Solar lining (which is why I ordered the Steel Dyneema Pilot over the Nordic).
    To describing your pleasure over the interior color of a Steel (Ballistic Nylon) /Solar Tri-Star:
    It's solar. I really like it as a lining color, although I haven't swooned over solar as a standalone bag. Really the solar and steel together is fantastic! Trust the Crew on their color pairings!
    and now to the present request for a Ballistic Nylon Steel/Solar Side Effect. Just giving you a hard time, since I own a Steel (Ballistic Nylon)/Solar Co-Pilot. (Mind you, I got this before Ultraviolet was an option, but I do still like the combination.)

Thanks for the heads up on the new color combinations. I've been checking the Side Effect product entries, but I usually see new offerings show up either on Fridays or over the weekend.

moriond

Yep, this is accurate. You have a memory like an elephant @ moriond. Solar on its own didn't win me over... for instance, I sold a solar TT and CQPC. But, paired with Steel or Nordic, it has really grown on me (grellow and bluellow?). I've gone the opposite with UV. I just sold a Swift with UV lining. But I love my UV key strap and stuff sack (outer UV), and I think in the SE, the small inner UV amount would be ok.

Throughout all of this "growth", I have never abandoned steel! Do I get some credit for that?

Volunteer Moderator
    Throughout all of this "growth", I have never abandoned steel! Do I get some credit for that?
    Yes, you get brownie points for remaining true to steel. Seriously, I also do know what you mean about the 400d Steel Dyneema being different and softer. It works better with many colors like Aubergine than Black 400d does. On the other hand, I find the Black 400d Dyneema is really dramatic with Iberian, and has a different quality. I love all these color combinations, and I totally understand why @monkeylady and others are buying so many Side Effects.

moriond you amaze me. You have such a good memory, you put together old answers with new questions and I never read the dreaded: "pleas use the search before asking". You are always helpful and an endless resource for information.
    You are one of the many reasons I like this Forum so much and I just had to take this opportunity to tell you so.

THANK YOU!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    moriond you amaze me. You have such a good memory, you put together old answers with new questions and I never read the dreaded: "pleas use the search before asking". You are always helpful and an endless resource for information.
    You are one of the many reasons I like this Forum so much and I just had to take this opportunity to tell you so.

THANK YOU!
    YES!!! 100%.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

No Steel Ballistic/Solar this time around, but I just added one more late in the game addition to the new Side Effect color options: Steel Ballistic/Steel
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ilkyway +1

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No Steel Ballistic/Solar this time around, but I just added one more late in the game addition to the new Side Effect color options: Steel Ballistic/Steel
    Darcy, you are the steel lining to my day!

Darcy, you are the steel lining to my day!
    You might want to take a look at the Small, Medium and Large Cafe Bag options (no photos yet because they're way new) as well...

Holy cow!! Can't wait to see pictures of the new fabric colors!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You might want to take a look at the Small, Medium and Large Cafe Bag options (no photos yet because they're way new) as well...
    @Darcy You brought back Kelly! (one of your personal favorite colors, I recall, and a nice option for green lovers). I'm wondering about what "French Blue" looks like.

ETA: Here's a link to a very old thread that introduced the Utility Tote with the then new color combination of Kelly and Navy.:
    The Utility Tote: Newly resdesigned and NEW PICTURES!
    You can't click to get the larger image that appeared in the blog, because blog posts before January 2011 won't resolve correctly under the new forum redesign, but you'll be able to see the color combination. Also, there may be a better picture of this bag in @dorayme's picture collection.
    Last edited by moriond; 04-09-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Added link to picture of a bag in Kelly/Navy
    taminca likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Darcy You brought back Kelly! (one of your personal favorite colors, I recall, and a nice option for green lovers). I'm wondering about what "French Blue" looks like.

ETA: Here's a link to a very old thread that introduced the Utility Tote with the then new color combination of Kelly and Navy.:
    The Utility Tote: Newly resdesigned and NEW PICTURES!
    You can't click to get the larger image that appeared in the blog, because blog posts before January 2011 won't resolve correctly under the new forum redesign, but you'll be able to see the color combination. Also, there may be a better picture of this bag in @dorayme's picture collection.
    Thanks, @moriond! I am very excited about Kelly!!!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0