Aeronaut & discount airlines (RyanAir, EasyJet) carryon requirements

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase an Aeronaut and wanted to hear whether any of you Aeronaut owners out there have had any experience with bringing the Aeronaut onboard a European discount airliner as a carry-on. These airliners (like RyanAir, Easyjet, Vueling, etc.) have extremely strict carry-on requirements, and the Tom Bihn exceeds their allotted dimensions by a few cm. I'm thinking that as long as I don't pack it too full, I can crunch the bag down a little bit if it comes to it.

If any of you guys have any anecdotal evidence that purchasing an Aeronaut won't be a problem for these discount airlines, I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

It's been a few years, but I don't remember either Ryan or EasyJet checking sizes, as long as the bags weren't outrageous. Rather, they weighed everything to the gram. If I remember, the limit was 8kg or like nearly 17lbs. At that point, I would have a hard time filling an Aeronaut to where it wouldn't fit the sizers. YMMV.

Virgin used to be the worst. I had a bag not pass because of a 4 oz bag of peanuts. My bag was literally a hundred grams over. I looked at the gate agent like she had lost her mind. I chugged the peanuts and carried them on anyway :-)

Now, most European airlines other than Lufthansa and Alitalia are at 10kg but always check in advance before you get to the gate. Most airlines will give you a sticker saying the bag passed inspection. I just pack a little light now.

Maybe someone with more recent experiences can answer your question better than I.

Thanks for your thoughts, dephyingra. Really appreciate it! I'm planning on travelling light and maybe I'll pick up the lighter weight Aeronaut if they indeed work for RyanAir/Easyjet/etc.

Is there anybody here that might have experience with taking an Aeronaut aboard these discount airlines?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0