Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andejoan

Thread: Has side effect ever been available in iberian (prior to the current unavailability)?

Has side effect ever been available in iberian (prior to the current unavailability)?

I really want one!
    Walker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by andejoan View Post
    I really want one!
    I don't think so. I would have bought one in a New York minute if they had!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Iberian SE - bring it on!

I've ordered a second SE and went for black/iberian - my wardrobe is fairly muted, but I love the idea of a cheeky flash of iberian, wasabi or UV when I open an otherwise sombre-looking bag
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

As far as I can recollect, Iberian has only been available in 200d. The dyneema bags use 400d for the exterior (200d as interior); so, I think that steel and Nordic (which is phasing out) are the only options for exterior colors that have been available for the SE.
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

They have made Side Effects with 200d Dyneema exterior. Previously they have made one with a solar exterior and I'm pretty sure I had also seen an option for a wasabi exterior not too long ago. Don't think I've seen an Iberian option though.

Quote Originally Posted by fdiaz64 View Post
    They have made Side Effects with 200d Dyneema exterior. Previously they have made one with a solar exterior and I'm pretty sure I had also seen an option for a wasabi exterior not too long ago. Don't think I've seen an Iberian option though.
    Correct. If I'm not mistaken, the Steel Dyneema/Steel is 200d and of course, so is the Solar/Solar currently on offer. I can't remember seeing Iberian in the past either, but I don't track the Side Effect the way I do some other items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0