Poking zipper end?

I just got a lovely new Tristar and I'm very happy with it... except for one little concern. At one end of the zipper for the backpack straps, where it disappears under the ballistic fabric, I can distinctly feel one end of the zipper poking against the fabric. It's difficult to describe but it feels (and looks) as if a blunt pencil were pressed against the back side of the fabric - and I'm sure it must be the zipper end. There is nothing similar at the other end of the zipper or at any other part of the bag. (Or, for that matter, on the Aeronaut that I ordered to try out as well.) Though I can feel the zipper underneath there's not that one distinct point of pressure.

I could try taking a picture but I'm not sure how visible it would be.

Just wondering whether anyone else has had something like this, and if so whether it's been a problem? I think I may be worrying overly about this, because it certainly poses no immediate problem, but I wonder whether it might be a weak point that would wear through eventually (in a few years, say). And in that case, would it count as a workmanship issue (and hence under warranty), or just wear and tear?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yay! Glad you're happy with your new Tri-Star. What you describe shouldn't ever be a problem, but if it ever is, it'll be covered by our Lifetime Guarantee.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Emily, sounds like the zipper cover flap is snug against the bag(and zipper) like it should be to prevent water from getting in and prevent the zipper from trying to open during bag handling.

That's really reassuring, Darcy, thanks so much. I love the bag and can't wait to take it on its first outing later this month!