JLE

Would all this fit in a Pilot?

Hi everyone

I have been debating whether to invest in the Pilot as a personal item (ie second bag), but I'm not sure whether it would carry my typical load. What do you think?

Wallet
    Pen
    Stylus
    Passport in RFID pouch
    IPad mini
    IPhone
    Medium dyneema OP containing printouts of travel documents
    Bose QC20i earbuds in their soft case
    Sunglasses in case
    Reading glasses in case
    Small cosmetics pouch
    Mini dyneema OP - first aid kit
    3D mesh cube for tech chargers, adaptors, cables, mifi, tiny torch, flight-safe multi-tool
    Small Bluetooth speaker (Jambox Mini)
    Cashmere shawl/pashmina
    Miscellaneous small squashable items like eye mask, tissues, antiseptic wipes etc
    3-1-1 bag
    Book or magazine

On some trips:
    MBA11 in Cache
    Airport Express
    A second 3D mesh cube with laptop cables, retractable Ethernet cable etc

I would go for a ballistic nylon version rather than dyneema.

I would like to use one of the front pockets for my 3-1-1 bag if possible. However, I tend to push the limits on the size of the 3-1-1 bag - the one I use is larger than a 3D cube and, when stuffed to the gills, possibly also slightly larger than a Side Effect. How much can the Pilot's front pockets hold - I understand a Side Effect fits but is there much room left over (if any)?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

I think you could fit something a bit larger than a Side Effect, but probably not much else in that pocket. I THINK your proposed load would fit, but some of those items vary widely in size. If both 3D organizer cubes are not overloaded, I would guess you would be okay if the pashmina is compressible and the sunglasses, etc are not huge.

Actually, using the water bottle pocket, too, I'm pretty sure this would all fit fine....

I should mention- if you're still unsure and it would be very helpful, let me know the dimensions of the glasses cases, cosmetics pouch, jambox, and airport express, and this weekend, I'll try and do a test pack (with similarly sized objects) and take a picture or two.
    Last edited by jmoz; 03-26-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0