Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Brain Bag - is the Cordura version much heavier than the Parapack?

In a couple of weeks I'm going to add a Brain Bag to my collection. I saw one in the shop a few weeks ago and was just stunned at its carrying capacity, and thought, "Why didn't I look at this bag before?" I was so busy falling in love with my Synapse 19 and my Smart Alec, I never took a second look at the Brain Bag. But I think it will be a great camera bag when traveling, and possibly even a workable replacement for my wheeled luggage (depends on how strong I get! hurrah, TRX).

The question is: with having fibromyalgia, the weight of my luggage is an important issue. I'm trying to go as light as possible, which is why I almost always get Dyneema. I'm looking at the Brain Bag's page and the weight (2 lbs 14oz) is listed for the Parapack. Is the Cordura version much heavier than the Parapack version?
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

You know, it is funny ...

From my records, the Cordura Brain bag is actually slightly lighter - 2 lbs 13oz or 1275g. Looking over a few older reviews on the internet, that seems to be right - some show what I have, some show 2 lb 15oz or 1345g - generally within 1oz of the Parapack version.
    So if you are looking for the lightest, both the Parapack and the Cordura versions are about the same weight.
    I believe the reason might be that the Ballistic Nylon that is part of the bottom of the Parapack version of the BB is the heaviest of all three fabrics offsetting the lightness of the Parapack.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

If it was a matter of many ounces, I'd care, but one once? Not so much. Thanks so much for the help!
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0